The most beautifull DAP ever.
Oct 16, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #16 of 36
i remember reading about these. here's some information in case people are interested

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1854616,00.asp
http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.2076
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6490_7-6308541-1.html

the cnet site says s/n of 82db which is pretty bad but i definitely agree that this it looks incredible. i'm going to get a new mp3 player this winter but right now i think i'd prefer to get an ipod video over this. it's got a bigger screen, thinner and lighter, does video, same battery life and apparently the sound quality has been improved a lot

Oct 16, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
Thanks to you both. The 'phones it comes with reminds me of apple in ears but in black lol.

They also look like the Sony EX-51/71 line.

Oct 16, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #19 of 36
Looks great, but I still find my Sony NW-HD1 the most beautiful dap ever. And, after 14 months of intensive use and abuse it's still completely scratchfree and looks like new.

Oct 16, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Thanks to you both. The 'phones it comes with reminds me of apple in ears but in black lol.

Interesting...they remind me of the sony EX51/71 series...
tongue.gif

Anyway, it looks pretty cool...reminds me of that mrobe thing.

Oct 16, 2005 at 8:17 AM Post #22 of 36
Those headphones look like the Philips SHE9500 (except in black). I read on some other sites that they sound very good, like the Sennheiser mx400's but with solid bass.

Oct 16, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver
Just got from best buy, and got this philips player.

What can I say other than it is by really far the most beautiful looking DAP I have ever seen. Perhaps the most beautiful gadget ever.

I guess everyone has their own opinions...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura
Looks great, but I still find my Sony NW-HD1 the most beautiful dap ever. And, after 14 months of intensive use and abuse it's still completely scratchfree and looks like new.

I'd thought about picking one of these players up but I seem to recall some sort of copyright thing that Sony had going with this player.
confused.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Yes, they do look like Sony 71s to me. Ironically they'd make decent stock buds, buying them on purpose is another matter.

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyacorn
What? No more love for the IRiver?
eek.gif

No, don't say that.

I still think the iRiver H100 and H300 series are the best all around players ever made. Both for the easy to use players this one has really impressed me with almost perfection.

The thing with the philips player is the beauty of it's looks. It is in a league of it's own looks wize. The GUI and controls are also some of the best I have seen, and it is extremely user friendly, and just nice looking. The performance is excellent, and the only bad thing I find in it, is the output, which is about as weak as that of the sony NW-HD1 which I believe is the same MW output as the newer versions. The sound however is nice and crisp, though I think the iRiver still sounds better.

The good things:

-Good Sound.
-Best Looking Player Ever.
-Perhaps the nicest Interface Ever.
-Some of the most User Friendly Controls, in combination with GUI (Perhaps the most userfriendly).
-5 Bands customizable EQ.
-Playlists to go.
-FM radio and recording for FM, and voice. Line in recording can be added through dock.
-USBtoGo (Requires especial cable however, which is not included)
-Displys Pictures, and album art.
-You can store data in it.

The bad Things

-Weak output, though the sound is nice. (This should not be a problem for IEM users, )
-Headphone out is not hissy like some (lots of) other players. (Nice for IEMs)
-The adapter and the USB are connected together which annoys me (Example: If I want to carry the USB, then I'll have to carry the adapter ).
-It may be a scratch magnet with the beautiful glossy front.

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #29 of 36
I gotta say it's a really really sexy looking player. I'm considering giving that to my brother as a present, at the moment. It's definitely nice and sleek. Though I still do love my Gigabeat, too. I think the Gigabeat is up there in looks, as well.

Oct 17, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #30 of 36
I used to have a Philips HDD100. While it looked great it didn't sound that good and the headphone out was weak. It couldn't drive even PortaPro adequately. After 18 months of use the battery died and Philips wanted something like 100 Euro to replace it. Since that I decided I will never buy another gadget with build-in battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back