The most amazing video. Ever.
Jul 6, 2003 at 5:20 AM Post #31 of 37
I was the first one on my block to have doom. It around 5 floppys though.

Aaaah, I miss DOS and Windows 3.1

Indy 500 was fun too. Anyone remember commander keen?

Jul 6, 2003 at 5:33 AM Post #32 of 37
I bought a copy of "Adventure" with my first computer in 1982. It was a text based game only ( the Hyperion IBM clone didn't support much in the way of graphics) where you typed in basic commands like "look" "pick up" "turn right" etc. It came on a single sided 5 1/4" floppy. The computer was running DOS 1.1 . Seems stupid now, but at the time I thought it was amazing.

Welcome to Adventure!

[...]

At End Of Road

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully.

>enter building

Inside Building

You are inside a building, a well house for a large spring.

There are some keys on the ground here.

There is tasty food here.

There is a shiny brass lamp nearby.

There is an empty bottle here.

>get lamp

Taken.

Jul 6, 2003 at 6:43 AM Post #33 of 37
Jetfighter fit on one floppy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2003 at 6:58 AM Post #34 of 37
Chuckie Egg also was on one floppy disc, and that was an awesome platform game of the early 80s
biggrin.gif

That cheesy rapper though, wonder what he's doing now.... anyone think that used car salesman sounds most likely?
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #35 of 37
I loved the part when he was like: "No more tetris, no more Oregon TRAIIIL". That was so horrendous. I cannot decide which was worse, his oddly offbeat gyrations, or his stretched lyrics. Either that or an African American rapper doing his best to uphold the most storied instutions of white-male American power...either way it was ridiculous. It was however, about 6 minutes too long...that's being generous.

Jul 6, 2003 at 8:02 AM Post #36 of 37
My god...

Yet again, I know not whether to be depressed or amused.

I think I'll go with amused.

One thing though, Neverwinter Nights was in development when this was made?! What?

Jul 6, 2003 at 8:32 AM Post #37 of 37
That video was just incredibly dumb. I got through 30 seconds before I deleted it.

For my favorite really classic game, it'd be an ancient game called 3Demon. Basically it was a 3D Pacman game in 4-color CGA. IIRC, it was made in 1983.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back