The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #587 of 1,080
Machida definitely won that one. Since when does a couple of take downs win a fight. That's all the guy did. Machida landed all the blows. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #588 of 1,080
Turns out Aldo broke his foot in the first round. So that would explain the lack of kicks. Uncle Creepy broke his hand too and went on to win. Both of those guys are tough SOB's. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #589 of 1,080
Quote:
Turns out Aldo broke his foot in the first round. So that would explain the lack of kicks. Uncle Creepy broke his hand too and went on to win. Both of those guys are tough SOB's. 

I was wondering that as well.  Kicks are usually a big part of Aldo's game plans.  

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #590 of 1,080
Looking like a pretty good card for a Freebie this Saturday night. Be sure you have Fox Sports 1 (if you have SPEED CHANNEL you are good to go as it will change to FS1 tomorrow morning). 

[size=2.4166em] UFC FIGHT NIGHT 26: SHOGUN VS. SONNEN
Date: August 17, 2013
Venue: TD Garden
Broadcast: FOX Sports 1, Facebook

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
  1. Mauricio Rua vs. Chael Sonnen
  2. Travis Browne vs. Alistair Overeem
  3. Yuri Alcantara vs. Urijah Faber
  4. Matt Brown vs. Mike Pyle
  5. Uriah Hall vs. John Howard
  6. Michael Johnson vs. Joe Lauzon
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 6 p.m. ET)
  1. Michael McDonald vs. Brad Pickett
  2. Max Holloway vs. Conor McGregor
  3. Mike Brown vs. Steven Siler
  4. Diego Brandao vs. Daniel Pineda
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30 p.m. ET)
  1. Manny Gamburyan vs. Cole Miller
  2. Cody Donovan vs. Ovince St. Preux
  3. Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick

[/size]

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #595 of 1,080
That was a GREAT card. So many finishes. Couple of people really surprised me in both good and bad ways. All in all a great way to launch FS1. I just hope Comcast doesn't drag their feet getting us FS2. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #597 of 1,080
That was a GREAT card. So many finishes. Couple of people really surprised me in both good and bad ways. All in all a great way to launch FS1. I just hope Comcast doesn't drag their feet getting us FS2. 

Agree, great fights.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #599 of 1,080
Quote:
Great look in the eyes here.

What is wrong with Overeem? This the second time he's played coy with his opponent and gotten KO'd. If I didn't know better I'd say he's betting against himself and socking the money away for his retirement fund. :D

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #600 of 1,080
Can't win em all.  Over confidence is a killer.  He got caught flat on his feet as far as I could see.  Plus, no beard.  And he looked a bit spent, comparatively.  Practically sat down on his own knees after that kick.  That was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back