The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Feb 24, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #963 of 1,080
Not a huge Nate fan either. His serious talent gets overshadowed by his douchey behavior. He's actually very very good on his feet and on the ground. That said, my money is still on Conor.

The weigh ins are going to be insane 
basshead.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #965 of 1,080
I just read that Conor was first offered Faber at 155 lbs., but he chose Diaz at 170.

"He looked friggin' huge," Faber said of McGregor. "I would have been at a big disadvantage, but would have had to use speed and grappling. [It would have been an] uphill battle, but I don't care."

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #966 of 1,080
That's impressive that he chose the bigger, probably more dangerous guy. Let's face it Faber isn't really top tier. That said, Diaz is really there for the money. You could tell in the press conference that he's preparing to take a beating, especially with only a week to prepare against a phenom. It doesn't matter if he's in shape and has been training. Its not the same as a camp. 

Quote:

Silva vs. Bisping

watched the highlights-fantastic fight

It was a good battle, but I wonder if Silva didn't throw the fight. All he had to do at the end was pour it on, and he layed off. Strange. Makes me wonder about gambling and behind the scenes pay for fighters that know they are prepping for retirement. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #971 of 1,080
Yeah, if Silva would quite dicking around just a little, he could of had that.

I happen to like the Diaz bros, so I look forward to this upcoming one, but I dunno what the heck to expect.

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #972 of 1,080
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I feel Diaz might surprise everyone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back