The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Feb 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #946 of 1,080
Hendrix had nothing to offer, when he went down he actually looked relieved. At that point he did nothing to fight back or even protect himself, like he knew he was thoroughly outclassed and just wanted it to end. And so it did.

Frankly it reminded me of Cam Newton in the next day's football contest, where he had a chance to recover his fumble and stay in the game with a just few minutes left. There was a chance, the score was still close. But at that point he said screw it, it's just not worth it. Hopefully this wasn't his Dan Marino moment in the sun.

edit: The "co-main event" was one of the worst MMA headliners ever
rolleyes.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #947 of 1,080
^ Well, said. I will just add that the training camp for his fight didn't seem to prepare him for anything close to what he was facing. He stood right where he shouldn't have and hardly moved.

I used to like Hendrix, but I think he should just be done with MMA after this fight. No heart, no effort, no will to be there. 

The comparison to Cam was not lost on me either. The only difference is Cam started pouting early, and I think he gave up because he was butt hurt rather than feeling overwhelmed, which to me is an extra level of pathetic. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #948 of 1,080
Cam just sucks (as my friend tells me).

Hendricks though, I still don't get it. He was on top of the world! And this was just the opposite. The more I watch and start to form opinions, which some are shared here, I really do wonder if this is a just a soap opera we're watching or what? Who gets into the best shape of their life, does hours of promo BS, then goes out like that? A guy with a huge paycheck with his name on it, that's who. Probably has more money in the bank than anyone really needs, so why bother anymore?

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #954 of 1,080
Feb 24, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #958 of 1,080
Shi*....I was looking forward to seeing RDA get dropped like a wet sock. This is just sad. I think it's a mix of fear and rebellion. These fighters think Conor is getting big title shots without working up so they do things like this.
BUT.. this is not only a true sport but also a big business. If you're the champ prove it. Dont cry about someone else gettin a shot. Theyre also trying to interfere with Conors momentum. This all just my elementary opinion.

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #959 of 1,080
Shi*....I was looking forward to seeing RDA get dropped like a wet sock. This is just sad. I think it's a mix of fear and rebellion. These fighters think Conor is getting big title shots without working up so they do things like this.
BUT.. this is not only a true sport but also a big business. If you're the champ prove it. Dont cry about someone else gettin a shot. Theyre also trying to interfere with Conors momentum. This all just my elementary opinion.

Whatever happens my respect for Conor grew.
He was trying to hold two belts at once and he coulda withdrew. He didn't injure himself like Aldo and RDA ...and ALDO said anytime anywhere but apparently not the day of 196
rolleyes.gif
...guy is a tool forever now....
Conor  talks **** about fighting for this and the company is that and he makes everybody else money (true)..and blah blah blah but **** me....he's gonna go in with an ******* nut job and risk his legacy and give Diaz the biggest ******* paycheck of his life.

I hope Diaz sends a thank you card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back