Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
thanx PatB...I ordered the g08 just now soo..lol

There you go! Merry X'mas!
orphsmile.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
Thanks guys! My CD collection has never sounded this good. I really love the setup and hopefully be satisfied with it for quite some time. My wallet can only take so much beating.

Completely changing my rig yielded some weird results. Right now, my HD650 sounds best with the stock cable rather than with the Zu Mobius! The Zu mobius sounds too bright all of a sudden, whereas it was just great with the Rega Planet/Rega Ear. I know it is an anomaly so I will reserve final judgment until after the burn-in period and after I get more experience with the system.

One quirk of the Meridian is that it cannot play CDs that are not fully compliant with Redbook. I have two such CDs, one of which I just bought last week. I simply returned it to Tower Records and they were cool with it. CDs that cannot be read by my computer CD-ROM will also not play in the Meridian. In contrast, the Rega Planet will read any CD, even thick dual discs. I guess the Rega Planet transport is just more tolerant of CD formats.

Enjoy the Holidays and thanks again.

I've found the Meridian G08>most amps>Cardas (both standard and balanced) + HD650s to be my favorite sounding setup with the Senns; I agree that the Zu, while a fantastic cable generally, is less than ideal with the G08 in the mix... also, if you rip your AIFF files off the ('G08 unfriendly') CD and burn a new CD as a fully Redbook-compliant Audio CD (I use Roxio's Toast 6 on a Mac G5 running OS X; I'm certain PCs have many equivalent Windows apps for this), you'll get that G08 to 'eat' the new CD with gusto...
icon10.gif

Have a great holiday, PATB!
icon10.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 6:00 AM Post #36 of 48
site1073.JPG

another shot of the display,washed out a bit but still visable.

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #40 of 48
Enjoy your toy PatB...did you get my longwinded answer to your output voltage PM?

Dec 31, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Enjoy your toy PatB...did you get my longwinded answer to your output voltage PM?

Got the answer, thanks!

The G08 sounds incredible. My desire to listen to music has increased several times that I have been buying lots of CDs lately. This morning, I had to order a CD rack because the built-in shelves in my listening room are getting filled up
icon10.gif
It is so easy to go through your collection when the music sounds this good.

Dec 31, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #42 of 48
I am glad you are enjoying your collection. It's great to hear other people's impressions when they upgrade to another level of cd playback. Enjoy it and have a great holiday

Dec 31, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #44 of 48
Bhd, it is great to hear you are really enjoying your G08. I can't stop listening to mine. If not for the wife and kids giving me the evil eye everytime I put on the HD650s, I would be listening all day.

Jan 4, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #45 of 48
You gentlemen seem to have large barrels of disposable income to spend on your hobbies. I was shocked to wits to see Mr Tube Roller's incredible music collection and expensive audio gear. He also has one of these G08 players. Are you receiving them at discount or are they selling for the $4000 asking price? How many of you have these and who was the first to spend on this? I have to ask if this player was reviewed favorably somewhere to garner such a following at this price or is this simply the product of word of mouth. I ask in all sincerity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back