The Matrix element P2 Power Amplifier and Matrix element X2 Pure Music Streamer Now Available on Apos
Mar 30, 2023 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24
Hi all,

Matrix has just launched two new products: the Matrix element P2 Power Amplifier and the Matrix element X2 Pure Music Streamer.

The Matrix element X2 Pure Music Streamer is an exceptional music streaming device that supports a wide range of music streaming services, including Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Deezer, and more. It also handles high-resolution audio formats like PCM, DSD, and MQA.

The Matrix element P2 Power Amplifier brings together the sleek design of the element series with versatile input options and powerful output capabilities. Its energy-efficient operation reduces power consumption, saves on electricity bills, and prolongs the lifespan of your audio equipment.

Here's the link to the blog for more information: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/matrix-element-x2-vs-matrix-element-x2-pure-feature-creature-or-streamlined-performance

Matrix element X2 Pure Music Streamer.jpg
Matrix element P2 Power Amplifier.jpg

Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Mar 31, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 24
Just when I got my x2 :)

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #5 of 24
£4K is a lot for a plastic cased Chinese streamer. Look at Lumin T2 for what should be provided for that cost.

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 24
£4K is a lot for a plastic cased Chinese streamer. Look at Lumin T2 for what should be provided for that cost.
Have you touched or seen matrix products in person?
Youre talking absolute rubbish mate.
Matrix x sabre have 1st rate build quality just like Lumin, but Matrix element series are close behind.
If we talk about specs then Matrix are ahead with high end capacitors, O core transformer, newest and more capable chips in comparison to 9028, better wolume control.
Both worth the same in my eyes, but just because Lumin have great chasis, cause components used are nothing spectacular.
If Matrix gonna refresh X sabre then it gonna be Lumin t3 with better specs, better design and components.

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #7 of 24
Matrix x sabre have 1st rate build quality just like Lumin, but Matrix element series are close behind.
If we talk about specs then Matrix are ahead with high end capacitors, O core transformer, newest and more capable chips in comparison to 9028, better wolume control.
Both worth the same in my eyes, but just because Lumin have great chasis, cause components used are nothing spectacular.
If Matrix gonna refresh X sabre then it gonna be Lumin t3 with better specs, better design and components.
I've seen them. I haven't listened to them. Of course quality of finish is important - it needs to look like a £4K product, otherwise it's just another Chinese plastic box.

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #8 of 24
I've seen them. I haven't listened to them. Of course quality of finish is important - it needs to look like a £4K product, otherwise it's just another Chinese plastic box.
Not everything From China have poor build, just like not everything from West have excellent build.
Chord Electronics have poor quality for the price in my opinion.
Build quality and design is one of the most important things for me and in my opinion Matrix here delivers, especially X sabre series.

Apr 2, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #9 of 24
Are there internal photos of the amp?

Apr 3, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #11 of 24
Sounds interesting, but how do we make out of 2 amps in mono freaking 850W when stereo is 230W? That's not just double, that's quadruple.
And will this work with the Holo May? Heard some Class D amps not working well with the May for some reason (hot/high voltage output?)

Also, they seem quite modest at "driving bookshelf or small floorstanding speakers with ease" At such power, I don't even know what it can't drive, imagine the new headphones made from that "unobtainium" material whatever it was driving from the mono setup

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 24
Any reviews out there on the P2 yet? I can't find any. Need a new 2 channel amp so considering this one.

May 13, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #13 of 24
I own the Element X and used it as a single box headphone station at my desk. Never cared for the sound and music presentation though. Found it to be uninvolving and on the technical side. Headphones are the VC and the Utopia. Has anyone who loves a musical, magical experience while listening heard this streamer?

Has the app improved? It had a rather clumsy interface when I used it last.

I agree, the build quality and haptics are just fine and I own much higher end gear as well.

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #15 of 24
I own the X2 pure and from a sound and functionality standpoint it is wonderful. The sound is buttery smooth with impeccable transients, balanced from end to end with absolutely no etch or grain. The 9038 chip is essentially 2 9018 chips. Therefore, one 9038 is equivalent to 16 channels per side. The 9039 is similar in this regard, so by employing 2, they essentially have 32 channels per side, or 64 total channels. This is one of the reasons why some companies can't solve the heat issue of this chipset. Matrix does a great job separating the channels and creating a very quiet background with great tone and harmonics. Sonically, it is an incredible performer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back