The Marshmallows are amazing.
Mar 21, 2007 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

GreenEggs313

100+ Head-Fier
Wow. I love these things way more than my e2cs. These things sound amazing.

Only 20 bucks too.

cool.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 11
glad you like them. I liked them more then my e2cs too.

Quote:

I'm completely done buying headphones. I have all that I nead, and my most expensive headphone was $100.

This is how you do it, Head-Fi:
(HD25sp, HD201, HD212, E2C, SR60, PortaPro2, Sony MDRXD200, FX33)

your sig is funny. Go to a meet and try out some well amped high end senns and grados and you'll know why the search is never ending

Mar 21, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 11
I like my marshmallows better than my Vibes, too. They aren't as refined sounding, but I like their overall sound better. The Vibes are going back to the store...

Mar 21, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 11
I never tried foam filters. Who did that, Kramer ? Must find thread again. Agree though, the 'shmallow's are great for their intended purpose. KSC's still sound better, but you have to be home/in a quiet environment to appreciate them.

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenEggs313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I love these things way more than my e2cs. These things sound amazing.

Only 20 bucks too.

cool.gif

I'm glad you like them as the price is right
smily_headphones1.gif

I got a set for my wife thinking I would find them to be another KSC-35/75 "miracle". But upon listening to them in their stock configuration...I just can't figure out what the hype is. They sound really sub par to my ears, all muddied with no instrument separation or top end. I understand the mod may help a lot of this, but my wife isn't quite convinced yet it's time to hack them up.

I will say, that if the Kramer mod makes the difference that some people suggest, I would feel compelled to vote for it as the "Most Amazing Example of Post-Engineering" in the Head-fi yearbook
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad you like them as the price is right
smily_headphones1.gif

I got a set for my wife thinking I would find them to be another KSC-35/75 "miracle". But upon listening to them in their stock configuration...I just can't figure out what the hype is. They sound really sub par to my ears, all muddied with no instrument separation or top end. I understand the mod may help a lot of this, but my wife isn't quite convinced yet it's time to hack them up.

I will say, that if the Kramer mod makes the difference that some people suggest, I would feel compelled to vote for it as the "Most Amazing Example of Post-Engineering" in the Head-fi yearbook
biggrin.gif

IMHO they sound pretty farty in stock form... all bloated bass. Post mod they are listenable, much better balance and detail resolution. edit... modded they have an aggressive "V" EQ curve, not unlike an MDRV6, though they still lack the detail resolution of better phones.

Its not my most night-day mod though, that honor goes to the uber-craptacular koss plug. Its a PURID beast of a farting-turd in stock form.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 11
Y'all are even startin' to get my attention here.

....don't know what I'd use them for though, unless I snitch one the kids mp3 players for a bit!

Mar 21, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #11 of 11
I'll have to try the mods, too. As with everything in this hobby, the mods cost as much as the original product...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back