The "luxuries that I give up to save some money" thread.
Jul 25, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #106 of 136
I never had that many CDs and DVDs to begin with. When I really started getting into music in a big way Napster was huge and I didn't know anything about sound quality. Then, later, iTunes showed up or I bought downloads from a band's site.

With DVDs, half of my DVDs have an English region so it's nearly impossible to sell them here. In the end, what I've done is mostly give away what I could to friends and family and the rest (which is barely anything) is in storage.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #109 of 136
Don't smoke or drink either but I am a bit of a foodie...so I eat out less and try to cook more at home so I can save up some money, though I'm hoping to save some money and get my father some noise-cancelling earphones (he has trouble with airplane engine noise, but travels a lot.)

Aug 6, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #110 of 136
Get him some good IEMs. They'll cost about the same if you get some rather nice ones but they don't require batteries, they block out the same amount of sound (or more, in some cases) and they tend to sound better. Not to mention they're significantly smaller and travel very easily.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #114 of 136
Downloading is the solution!
Forget about it, megaupload died =P

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #118 of 136
I don't smoke nor drink, but I got a bad case of G.A.S(Gadget Acquisition Syndrome)!! 
I'm a tech junkie & buy stuff(mainly tech) purely on impulse
eek.gif
!!
Now cutting back and trying to save some money for the long run.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #120 of 136
Going on a very basic diet and losing a lot of weight has had the side effect of saving me about $350 a month vs my previous 'diet' of fast food. 9 months since I started so I've managed to save about $3000 without changing any other spending habits. 'Tis the main reason I just bought some nice Stax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back