The Lumineers - Ram's Head Live! - Baltimore 07/01/12
Jul 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DLeeWebb

Headphoneus Supremus
     I saw The Lumineers at Ram's Head Live! last night. I am a seasoned concert goer and I must say that I was impressed by this young band. They announced from the stage that this was the largest crowd (maybe 500 people?) that they had ever played in front of. The band consists of Wesley Schultz on guitar and lead vocals, Jeremiah Fraites on drums and vocals, and Neyla Pekarek on cello, mandolin, piano, and vocals. They also have a bass player and a multi-instrumentalist that plays mandolin, accordion, and keyboards with them on stage. They played each of the songs from their outstanding debut album, and they did so perfectly. They performed a killer version of Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues." Their stage presence, musical competence, and especially Wes Shultz's vocals were more impressive than many bands that I've seen with much more experience and many more albums to their credit. They write a good song. They succeeded in establishing a really cool rapport with the audience. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. If they come to your town make time to see them, you'll be glad that you did. This band is going to be around for awhile.

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Jul 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
What a coincidence. I just posted The Lumineers in the New Releases 2012 thread last night:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/614373/new-releases-2012-no-records-released-before-2012/30#post_8499871
I guess I was listening to them while you got a chance to see them. I'm really impressed with their debut record! I'm glad they were just as impressive live.

Yeah, they're definitely the real deal. I think the key is the songwriting. They have that American/Roots/Indie sound, a good ear for a hook, great lyrics, and the musicianship to back it all up, that's for sure...(hey, thanks for letting me know about the new releases thread...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back