The love child of NE-7 and ADDIEM??
May 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mglak51jk

Head-Fier
Due to the need to feed my on-going addiction, I am now faced with this dilemma: Got the PL-30's awhile ago, got a great seal and very decent isolation-and all was good, that is until I got kind of swept up by the ADDIEM thread, and got them off of ebay. I really loved the detail and soundstage of the ADDIEM's and it really opened my ears in that way-I was. however, really unsatisfied where the bass (not enough) and isolation were concerned-this after trying both Sony hybrid tips and shure EC3 yellow foamies. I don't really understand why my mutant ears get such a great seal from the PL-30's but they just do.Of course,now that I've gotten an idea of what good highs sound like, I am wanting some (non-existent?) combo of both. Would this be the NE-7's? I want bass,highs,decent isolation (but then again who doesn't)
without having to spend a heap of money. They need not be sterling audio-phile level but some hybrid of those two iem's would be ideal. Your guidance is much appreciated. Also I am a petite woman with very small ears...

May 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Hmmm, I found the NuForce phones uncomfy compared to the ADDIEMs (sold my PL30s, never fit me right). Fit is so critical. Instead of buying another set of phones, maybe you can get a small amp (E5) with bass boost for the ADDIEMs. Could be a solution. Or you can try the NE-7Ms and return or sell them if they are not what you seek. I really do love the ADDIEM highs and mids, especially at that5 $35 price point, and with the Zune, the bass is pretty good too (even unamped). What about EQing the bass? Are you using an iPhone or Touch? Try bass boost (yeah, not perfect, but it can add some bottom end with the certain tracks and not distort).

May 27, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 4
Oh, and another nice phone in this price range I've been testing is the VSonic R02 Pro II, which is $69 at Head-direct.com. It's a dynamic, like the NuForce, but I like it more when using the Sony hybrid tips. More bass than ADDIEM and very good mids and highs, but not the clarity if the Apples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back