The "little" Moth...
Feb 4, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #20 of 52
I emailed him this afternoon.
cool.gif

Feb 4, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #21 of 52
As far as tubes are concerned, none of their amps include tubes, unless they are ordered seperately with the amp. Depending on what you want, they'll get a deal on tubes and include them with the amp, but it is an additional cost. This amp only uses two tubes that are easy to get. Craig mentioned to me that he had some Svetlana tubes on hand, so I'm sure if you wanted those he'd give a good deal on them. I'm going to talk more with him in the next day or two about a production version. If he has a limited number for a first run, I don't want to be left out. I want one - it's that good.

Feb 4, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #22 of 52
Just measured the amp, it 14"W x 9"D x 4"H, without tubes. Power supply is 4.5"W x 7"D x 3.5"H. As you can "see", it's not exactly small. Pics hopefully tomorrow, maybe tonight.

Feb 4, 2004 at 1:27 PM Post #23 of 52
It would be interesting to see how this sounds.

I tried an amp that used 1 x 6DJ8 and 1 x 6as7 (6080) this one had twin volume controls but I didn't really like it,even after burn in it sounded 'cold' and rather bright not really any tube lushness.

Feb 11, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
People here were talking about how cool the Moth amps looked like since day 1 yet no one ever bother to try them out, until now. I am sure there is a lesson to be learn here somewhere. I get the feeling that Moth Audio is going to make a crap load of money off of this site

I can imagine why most people haven't tried them out - their products aren't exactly mainstream, either in price or function! When I checked out their line, I thought "cool gear, but what am I going to do with a $2,000 3-watt amp?" That said, until I stumbled across the Headroom site, I didn't exactly have a burning need for a headphone amp either!

Looks like this could be Moth's "Airhead" - a solid, entry-level product that reaches a wider audience than their more esoteric and expensive amps, and inevitably leads to increased sales of their higher-end stuff.

I will not order another headphone amp, I will not order another headphone amp... oh hell.

Feb 11, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #26 of 52
I wrote Craig about this amp and he replied:

(I hope he doesn't mind me posting this)

"The amp will look like the pdf. It will be available at the end of March for $400.00 including Sovtek 6SN7 and Svetlana 6AS7 or Phillips 6080 depending on availability at the time. It can be used to drive 300 ohm phones or higher and as a line amp. It features a three input switch select, tape and line outputs.
Check for my new URL at the end of March for purchase information. www.eddiecurrent.com.
Thanks for your interest.
Craig"

Whatcha' think??

I converted the pdf to jpg and attached...

Sounds perfect for a pair of Senns...

Feb 11, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Eurastus
For some reason, I can't seem to attach an image...what's up wid' dat?

How big is the image?
I don't think you can attach files bigger than 25KB.
Anything bigger would have to go through Jude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back