The Liquid Stranger <3 Audiophiles heaven.
Jan 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

e2pathos

Head-Fier
The Liquid Stranger is an electronic music producer from Sweden has been meddling around with production since the 80's and is my favorite electronic music producer of all time.

All of his production is absolutely top notch, every sounds wonderfully perfect together and each little tiny instrument he works in has its rightful place and position. Each song has such meaning and depth, the atmospheres are miles long and I could get lost for hours.

I just purchased his new album from interchill records today, which is his label for his chill side of course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlqIPNIG1aU&feature=plcp&context=C3d60e01UDOEgsToPDskIcoJ8ZYjUYGr7mH2VcAL7w
terrible quality youtube upload but it's the only way I could play it I guess.

Actually the first album I got that's in FLAC and i don't know how to describe how well these sound in that format it's ridiculous.

he also does extremely heavy dubstep, which is why I love him so much, not for the heavy dubstep specifically, but because it amazes me how he creates such deep chill atmospheric tracks and then creates my favorite style of heavy dubstep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLOsBPl5chE&feature=plcp&context=C3e2677dUDOEgsToPDskLYw_nabyOvXKjiGFdzTcQt

Hope you guys enjoy, if you do like it, I'd suggest purchasing his albums so you can get the FLAC versions, because it's just a whole new level :D

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm not too big an electronica fan, but I'm glad I checked out this thread. Great find, seems very little bad music comes from that part of the world.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
I'm not too big an electronica fan, but I'm glad I checked out this thread. Great find, seems very little bad music comes from that part of the world.

Right? As a huge electronica fan here, almost all of my favorite artists are from somewhere in Europe, whereas half the big producers from the US are ruining the genres....

Check out that whole album from the top link, Cryogenic Encounters. Then if you liked that, his second most recent album of that style is called Arcane Terrain, it's got the chill aspect but more of a dub/reggae/upbeat type feel, still produced with the same tact and precision, just a twist on the sound gives the diversity zing you might be looking for.

(Not sure if this is allowed here but if you'd like I can send you the FLACs/320 MP3s in a rar :D)

I mean I paid for them so that's not really that illegal I guess.

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 4
I am loving stuff on Mechanoid Meltdown. I wish there was a CD to buy, but on HD650's, it's sublime. The entire album is just... room filling from a pair of 650's. Another great artist is Pendulum (from Australia) whom has a lot of that dubstep/raggae/rock sound to it.

Liquid Stranger is a LOT dubbier (at least on Mechanoid Meltdown), though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back