The lightest and most comfortable headphone
Nov 29, 2005 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
Out of all the many headphones that I have owned there is one that is the very lightest and most comfortable out of them all. I have owned a lot of very comfortable headphones but there always seemed to be a problem with all of them but one.

One of the problems with them is that I sit in a high back lounge chair. The 590 were very light in weight but they are so thick in size that I couldn't turn my head left or right with them on.

I have owned other light weight headphones but they had the same problem except for the lightest full size headphone of them all. The KOSS UR-40.

The UR-40 is the lightest full size headphone of all the headphones that I have owned plus they are so very thin in size that I can turn my head fully left or right in my high back lounge chair.

The UR-40 are not the best sounding headphone that I have owned But they are so comfortable and sound very close to many headphones that cost much more money that they are my favorite headphones bar none.

Has anyone else found the UR-40 to be as comfortable as I fine them to be?

Nov 30, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 19
whats with you ? you keep changing your avatar and sig. to and fro with the ur40's !
confused.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
whats with you ? you keep changing your avatar and sig. to and fro with the ur40's !
confused.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Gore, Ltucci does this not to upset anyone, it's just in his nature to always roam the headphone landscape to check out new things. The day he DOESN'T swap in a few days is the day we know our hobby is dead.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

confused.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Hes always on the prowl for the next latest / greatest. I dont see anything wrong with that really... I value Lou's feedback and impressions on ALL these cans.

KSC75 is my most comfey can. I can barely feel it clinging to my ears. It hurt at first but I bent the metal and it fits great.

My K240s is my most comfey full sized can, followed by HD580. If I still owned a UR40 (I regretably sold it to a co worker) it certainly would be up there in my top 2 list.

Lying bed the HD580 is my fave, the K240s slides off my head more easily. The senn is like wearing a pillow.

Garrett

Nov 30, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 19
i love my ur40 - though i have to admit, it took awhile for me to get used to the sound.

by far the easiest to wear for long periods of time.

Nov 30, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 19
I have no experience with either of these phones, but I believe the Sony F1 is known to be among the most comfortable of phones.

Nov 30, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #9 of 19
lightest and most comfortible.

I going with UE10s. Not sure there is a better answer. 2x's maybe..

Nov 30, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Chill out ! That was meant to a "teasy" remark
280smile.gif

translation.jpg

cool.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #12 of 19
Every time I see a UR-40 at Hasting's, I almost, almost bite. They're right over my impulse buy tolerance and I have better headphones that already do the job they'd be taking up. I don't imagine they're very good at being portables, too. Still, I know there are some folks here who have modded UR-40s and swear by 'em. I'm thinking I might try this out myself... Could be a really good home headphone for the financially challenged (college student) set.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm, I wonder how the Koss R-80 compares? I think someone around here was saying they're also pretty decent. They have a 60 ohm impedence, as well.. they must have gotten some of the good drivers.

Nov 30, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Hes always on the prowl for the next latest / greatest. I dont see anything wrong with that really... I value Lou's feedback and impressions on ALL these cans.

I agree with the first sentence. I definitely agree with the second sentence. But, not to pick on Lou, you can't honestly believe the third, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

If valuing someone's opinion is that you consider it when making a purchasing decision, how does "yeah for A; yeah for B; yeah of C" repeated over and over help?
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
If valuing someone's opinion is that you consider it when making a purchasing decision, how does "yeah for A; yeah for B; yeah of C" repeated over and over help?
biggrin.gif

Maybe when you're listening to these guys?
yeahyeahyeahs.jpg

icon10.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I agree with the first sentence. I definitely agree with the second sentence. But, not to pick on Lou, you can't honestly believe the third, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif

I value everyones feedback and impressions... Some more than others though
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back