The LaRocco Diablo....
Sep 16, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you still want one or did you just want your money back? .

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure I want to dish out even more money for a Diablo given it's track record. I may have to check out the iBasso though! My favorite portable right now is the iQube, but I'm always looking for options.

The money isn't a big deal, but feeling cheated is. I just want what I paid for, no more, no less.

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would so love to get my hands on one of those. Sigh.

Yeah I've wanted a Diablo for sometime too. But honestly I've wanted a LaRocco Pocket Reference II MK2 for longer. Couldn't find one in the For Sale forums though. At least I got a LaRocco in a short time. It's really sad to hear about buyers never getting their's.

Sep 16, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 25
I personally believe a company and price plays a large factor into what the product is. And the product itself is great, when you get a working one.

The Diablo is a fantastic amp but a company who has shoddy customer service, coupled with a high price tag when you're playing roulette on whether you'll get a fully functioning unit. The price isn't unreasonable considering the SQ you get and that machining of that case, but not knowing whether you get a defective unit or not is unacceptable.

Not only that, some people have amplifier received updates (newer revised versions), while others haven't, and have purchased AFTER the other person. Some haven't even gotten their at all.

Sep 16, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #20 of 25
So is Larocco gone?? There is no site so I take it the business is over and done with?

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #21 of 25
I think they are gone. I am an owner of a working and updated Diablo and had a simple question for Larry. Emailed him twice...no response.

Anyway...it reallysucks what people went through. But like Nate said...if you were lucky enough to get one...you have a killer looking and sounding amp. That is for as long as it continues to work.

RIDE

Sep 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #23 of 25
I saw some images on another thread that showed the ends off and then a pair of pliers being used inside the unit to spread it apart. They were able to take the amp total apart.

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #24 of 25
Yeah...with the pliers technique and mixing in some heat....you should be able to get it apart I would think.

RIDE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back