The KSC75 are pretty decent portable headphones right?
Mar 25, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 19
They seem to be decent for portable use, yes (that is, unless you need isolation). There is only one kind of driver with 60 ohms, but apparently there's a Radio Shack version of the KSC-75 with an inline volume control, too.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 19
Heheh...yes, yes they are.

The driver is 60 ohms, but the Ratshack version comes with a resistance-adjusting volume control. I'd get the version sold by Amazon.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 19
There are already a dozen threads on the KSC75. Do we really need another?
icon10.gif
The SEARCH function is your friend.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
There are already a dozen threads on the KSC75. Do we really need another?
icon10.gif
The SEARCH function is your friend.

He11 yeah!! LOL spread the love!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
He11 yeah!! LOL spread the love!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Damn, you're right kramer! What *was* I *thinking*?!?! Boo-yeah!!! KSC75 all the way bay-bee!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

We need a KSC75 smiley.

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #7 of 19
Hey, a couple questions about the KSC-75:

(1) Will they stay on if you wear 'em lying down?
(2) If you wear glasses, how much does it interfere with comfort?

Sure these have been covered before, but I forgot... thnx.

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Hey, a couple questions about the KSC-75:

(1) Will they stay on if you wear 'em lying down?
(2) If you wear glasses, how much does it interfere with comfort?

Sure these have been covered before, but I forgot... thnx.

1) Yes.
2) Depends on your glasses. Both pair that I use don't interfere with the comfort of the KSC75's ear clips at all. In fact, I can take the 'phones off or put 'em on without removing my glasses.

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 19
I finally decided to buy a KSC75 yesterday because of all the praise they're getting here, and I have to say that they definitely live up to the hype! I might just make them my new portable phones. The sportclip style does take a bit of getting used to though.

To fewtch: I wear glasses and I found the KSC75 surprisingly un-obtrusive, though they do seem to fit a little better with my glasses off.

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 19
My KSC75 arrived today! Man, these are so much more lively than PX100!!! Bass has more kick without being muddy and mids & highs are clear and crispy, all this just out of the box. Currently listening Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness with them.

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #11 of 19
Hmm, I'm pretty tempted for them myself, are they truly better than the PX100's?

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood
Hmm, I'm pretty tempted for them myself, are they truly better than the PX100's?

Yes, I think so.

And if you really want a significant improvement pick up a Sennheiser HD-650 replacement cable for $20 and replace the KOSS one with it. It’s an easy job to do and the improvement is double plus good.

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by boead
Yes, I think so.

And if you really want a significant improvement pick up a Sennheiser HD-650 replacement cable for $20 and replace the KOSS one with it. It’s an easy job to do and the improvement is double plus good.

Ah okay, thanks. Also, been reading 1984 recently?
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Just got a pair myself recently, and I've been comparing them to my px100 out of several amps. Long story short, I feel they compete with the px100 in several aspects, but I think they're ultimately a bit behind the little sennheiser. I certainly can see liking them more than the px in some situations - they're definitely more natural sounding to me, and they sound good out of sources the px100 sound just nasty out of. Also, the 75 won't improve with an amp (in my experience) near as much as the px100 will.

Edit: for reference, the px100 used in comparison is the older model.

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Depends what music you are listening to. For classical and ambient, PX100 is better with their warmer sound (atleast old model is warmer. not sure about new one). KSC75 is more energic so i simply love it for metal and rock. In overall soundquality, they are quite same, just different signature. Only thing is that KSC75 costs half less.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back