The Kiwi ears Quintet Thread:
Nov 26, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #271 of 316
So far, the Xelastic tips and the Kinera Ace cable (that shipped with the IDUN 2.0) are the winner for the options I have at hand. Can't decide if I like it better single ended or balanced yet, and it might not make a difference, but I'll keep swapping until I convince myself one way or the other. 😄

Impressions after about 10 hours of listening are excellent. Great resolution, imaging, air, and good soundstage and punch. Gonna take about a week to get used to the fit (larger nosel than I'm used to), but so far it's not causing any comfort issues.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #272 of 316
Yesterday I listened to Norah Jones and some EDM.
I'm thrilled until then.

20231207_082308.jpg

I am the same with my PR2 (and these costs are only 1/4), but the difference is clear.
Although the PR2 is very dynamic and high-res, but the timbre of the Quintet is much more authentic / realistic. And that makes the crucial difference. Ultimately, the Quintet scores across the board. The overall sound has more sophistication and emotion. The bass has punch. Voices convey emotions. Yes and the heighs are pure magic. They are incredibly detailed and delicate at the same time. On the one hand they are reserved, on the other hand they are extremely high resolution in a high quality way.
The Quintet is refreshingly different!

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #273 of 316
I own the Quintet for a few days now and I am surprised what they deliver for the money. But it does have me wondering how big the difference is compared to an IEM that is more than twice the price. Can someone give a comparison between the Quintet and the Xenns Mangird Top?

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #274 of 316
I own the Quintet for a few days now and I am surprised what they deliver for the money. But it does have me wondering how big the difference is compared to an IEM that is more than twice the price. Can someone give a comparison between the Quintet and the Xenns Mangird Top?
As good as the Quintet is, the soundstage is flat and lacks depth of any kind, so there is always a trade off at this price point...

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #277 of 316
What mid-fi iems around the 500 dollar mark would you recommend with similar qualities (but better) to the quintet?
That's bright like the Quintet? I have no idea... I love my Penon Orb off my M8, I'm a happy camper. It's a little old, but the Mest MK1 is bright with excellent soundstage and bass, excellent mids and great treble extension.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #278 of 316
That's bright like the Quintet? I have no idea... I love my Penon Orb off my M8, I'm a happy camper. It's a little old, but the Mest MK1 is bright with excellent soundstage and bass, excellent mids and great treble extension.
Bright you say... Have you heard the simgot EA1000?

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #280 of 316
Looking to get some new tips for my set, currently stuck between these 3 DIVINUS Velvet, TANGZU Tang Sancai Wide Bore and HiFiGo x ZEOS Render. Any insight would be awesome.
I found the Zeos render tips to be best avoided as the qc on the ones i got wasnt great.

Dec 25, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #282 of 316
Looking to get some new tips for my set, currently stuck between these 3 DIVINUS Velvet, TANGZU Tang Sancai Wide Bore and HiFiGo x ZEOS Render. Any insight would be awesome.
I recently got the Divinus Velvet tips for the Quintet, and they (for me) are a perfect match. The Xelastic tips are good as well, but not as comfortable as the Velvets.

Dec 25, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #283 of 316
I recently got the Divinus Velvet tips for the Quintet, and they (for me) are a perfect match. The Xelastic tips are good as well, but not as comfortable as the Velvets.
I currently have the velvets on too :)

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #284 of 316
I just know between IER-M9 and Quintet as I own and use both, but IER-M9 with only BA drivers as more mid-high/high details and better tonality all over the range than Quintet.. I couldn't find any EQ parameters that could really help the Quintet to be at the level of IER-M9.
Only for low frequencies, I need to EQ the IER-M9 to reach the level of Quintet..
250Hz at -2dB and Q 1.5
125Hz at -2dB and Q 1
32Hz at 2dB and Q 2

In parametric eq

Enjoy the buaaaasssss

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #285 of 316
The Quintet is very good, at it's level, but the IE600 is at another level. Of course it depends on the overall system, and what you listen to/for in music . I've been listening to the Quintet solidly for a week, and also burning it in, so had not done any comparison, and was just enjoying it tremendously.
Your question made me curious, so I got the IE600 out and compared them. A caveat is that the Quintet is using it's stock cable, with 3.5mm plug, while the IE600 is using it's stock cable with 4.4mm plug, so the IE600 has the advantage of using the balanced 4.4mm output. From a WM1AM2 - > W4-EX (L&P dongle which I am burning in) -> IE600 / Quintet

For me, what the IE600 does is to make vocals, instruments more natural, and immersive. Listening to a singer, it can make you forget about technicalities, and just listen to the song/voice./music Instrument/music rhythm, flow pulls you in. You don't think of anything else, as the music just involves you. The IE600 can do this. The Quintet falls short.

The Quintet is very good, but cannot beat the IE600 in reproducing "music". I expect there would be some improvement to the Quintet if it was using a 4.4mm balanced cable, but don't think that would enable it to beat the IE600.

I would love for the Quintet to beat $kilobuck IEMs, and save a lot of money, but that is not true (yet).
I liked quintet more than monarch and ie600.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back