The Kiwi ears Quintet Thread:
Sep 2, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #211 of 330
What gear are you people using to drive your Quintet? My JDS Atom amp is doing what he can do to power this set.

On the go: Cayin RU7 or Questyle M15

At desktop: Khadas Tone Board -> Schitt Asgard 3

Sep 5, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #215 of 330
What gear are you people using to drive your Quintet? My JDS Atom amp is doing what he can do to power this set.
WM1Z, WM1A both with MrWalkman’s firmware. At times the Shanling UA3. Most of the time with the ISN CS02 cable in 4.4mm.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #216 of 330

For a few weeks now .. iFi Go Pod daytime.. and iFi Go Blu to sleep ..
The Quintet is clearly not as detailed as the sony IER-M9 (mid-high/high frequencies) , but low frequencies have more/deeper impacts and, with some little PEQ, I can reach easily a standard Harman target as frequency response => which it's really enjoyable.
The Quintet is luckily a rather low profile, so it's really convenient for side sleepers.. as good if not more comfortable then IER-M9.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #218 of 330
Just wondering -

a) This is a true upgrade from Truthear Hexa ?
b) Also like to know if Crinacle rates this IEM ? Looks like searching on his website is not possible by typing the name of the product.

Sep 12, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #221 of 330
Just ordered the Quintet! Bought it off the Linsoul site before I realized I could get them in 1 day from Amazon...ARghhh! Sold my Performer 8 to get these....looking forward to them.

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #222 of 330
I've been using them with the Fiio Utws5, drives them pretty loud and clear. They sound even better with the Go Blu and a balanced cable, although I haven't had any experience with any really top level audio gear, so my experience is limited. Bottom line, I adore the Kiwi. :)

Sep 13, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #223 of 330
I just ordered mine but when they get here I'll be using my usual setup; Shanling M8, PWAudio M2 cable and Dunu S&S eartips... see what happens...

Sep 13, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #224 of 330
If this is true, then Raptgo is lying by advertising Bridge as a semi-open design.
Does open back translate into less bass anyway?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #225 of 330
The Quintet are not made for bassheads. This is true, the bass is on the neutral side.

That however changes when the Quintet is connected to a powerful amplifier with a tube pre-amp in the signal chain. No bass monster and no mid-bass bleed but the bass is now powerful and authorative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back