The Killers - any fans?
Jan 25, 2010 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cruizin caleb

100+ Head-Fier
one of my favorite bands. they seem to be like one of those hate em or love em bands (i'm sure their will be some jabs at them) but TBH they are one of my favorite bands! i saw them live and i was blown away by how well the sound. definitely a fun band

anyone bummed out by their recent hiatus?

what headphones do you think they'd sound the best with?

favorite songs/abums?

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 14
I love Hot Fuss, but the rest of their stuff is kind of lackluster. Sam's Town was good for a few spins, but got old quite quickly.

I didn't bother checking out Day and Age simply because I thought Human had some of the worst lyrics in song history.

"Are we human. Are we dancer?"

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 14
I saw them in 2008 in the Bay Area. I have to say, they know how to work a crowd.

In a night that included bands like Death Cab, Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party, The Killers stole the show.

As for the albums, Hot Fuss was great. I remember the first time I heard Mr. Brightside. It was like a song I'd been waiting to hear for a long time, if that makes sense.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw them in 2008 in the Bay Area. I have to say, they know how to work a crowd.

In a night that included bands like Death Cab, Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party, The Killers stole the show.

As for the albums, Hot Fuss was great. I remember the first time I heard Mr. Brightside. It was like a song I'd been waiting to hear for a long time, if that makes sense.

Don't you just love that feeling? When you discover a new band, and you think to yourself "Yes, this is the sound I've been looking for"

It's the best thing.

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 14
i like hot fuss quite a bit, but sam's town just didnt do it for me like hot fuss did. And i also understand finally finding that band that has the sound you were looking for, felt that way when i bought swoon by the silversun pickups
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you just love that feeling? When you discover a new band, and you think to yourself "Yes, this is the sound I've been looking for"

It's the best thing.

thats the killers for me!

Sam's Town, Day & Age, and then Hot Fuss would be the order for me. i love them all though

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Hot Fuss, but the rest of their stuff is kind of lackluster.

X2. The Yeah yeah yeah's Forever to Tell is reminiscent, with the effects keyboard and hypnotic vocal passages over raw electric guitar. And their 2nd album was also amazing. Another drum/guitar/effects album that manages to give me chills while hurting me is Heads up by Death from Above. But probably too punk to merit comparison.

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #12 of 14
I actually got into the Killers from playing rockband. After playing 'when you were young' over and over I decided to give them a shot and now actually listen to them quite alot. My favorite album (if you can call it that) is actually Sawdust but I pretty much like it all. Although I have to agree with Dublo that Human is rather weak coming from them, but sometimes you have take the good with the bad. Example: I HATE yellow submarine but Revolver is by far my favorite Beatles album.

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 14
I was not aware of the hiatus. Like some above, their last few have been give and take. For every good pop tune like When You Were Young, there was a My List and so forth.

They will always have their Rio in Hot Fuss though. That's more commercial success than most can claim.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 14
Sophomore slump or one hit wonder? I'm a fan of hot fuss and hope they get back to being the killers instead of channelling other bands... I'm seeing them at a festival in a few weeka hope they are as good as last time.
Jenny is my fav. Nice dark melody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back