The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!
Apr 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #678 of 1,066
Wow, I must have small ears.  I'm using the original pads and they're around-the-ear already. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #679 of 1,066
Apr 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #680 of 1,066
LOL.  I guess there isn't enough hype for these cans.  Where is mochill or sfwalcer when you need them? 

In regards to CAL, or S660 I can't figure out if it's trolling or are guys taking indecisiveness to an epic level?  I can't speak for S660 but if you can't decide between CAL and S680, just buy both.  There are enough headfiers that are familiar with both that will gladly take one off your hands once you figure out which one suits your needs better.

FYI I don't listen to dubstep nor electronic music and I still love these headphones. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #681 of 1,066
$56.89 shipped from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00FS0DFTK/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #682 of 1,066
CAL is better? Maybe...

Dude, these are cheap 'phones. If poor mother*****ers like me are able to scrounge up enough money for them, I'm sure you can too. Get the JVC HA-S680 and if you, for whatever reason, don't like 'em it won't be the end of the world. You can always sell 'em, gift 'em, use 'em for target practice, etc.

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #683 of 1,066
I think mine are end of their break in period. The resolution has spread through the entire spectrum. The highs and mids now have a more realistic presence. The bass was a bit sloppy for some time but now has definition. The spike at about 250 hz has tapered off and more in line. I was happy with these from the start but they have really bloomed into a great portable. I don't need to read head fi anymore. Well at least until the next gen CNT!

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #685 of 1,066
If I purchase from Buysmartjapan there are problems with customs? I live in Italy ... it is better to ebay to ship in Italy?

Depends on your country's laws mate, mostly it's just a luck draw.

I'm in the UK and I got stung with mine, but I don't care they were totally worth the extra cash I paid.

Baked using HTC One in Vivid Blue

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #687 of 1,066
Just listened to Star Gazing by Gladkill and this electronic track is a good example of how well the 680s place each instruments (notes) in the stage. Side to side, front to back and up and down as well. This is a well mastered track showcasing the bass resolution and spacing. The highs are surprisingly clear and never harsh.

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #688 of 1,066
Just listened to Star Gazing by Gladkill and this electronic track is a good example of how well the 680s place each instruments (notes) in the stage. Side to side, front to back and up and down as well. This is a well mastered track showcasing the bass resolution and spacing. The highs are surprisingly clear and never harsh.

Great track indeed!

Sounds amazing!
S680 does really well with electronic music.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #690 of 1,066
Hi guys, I just ordered these from Japan for about 50eur with transport (a bit more than I would pay for Sony V55, 1/3 more than I would get Sony ZX600, CAL!, HTF600 or JVC HA-S400, three time more than JVC HA-S600). Which choice would you have done for portable headphones without amp (train/bus)? (purely question for fun as my choice is already made :)

What are the best pads to avoid ear-sweating in nomad (portble) usage? Are there some velour or real-leather pads that would fit to the JVC HA-S680?

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back