The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!
Jan 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #376 of 1,066
I feel I like it more if I keep the headphone at some millimeters from my ears...in this case the bass is less and the sound is more balanced but the headphone is not more closed!

Maybe a tweak (or a substitution) of the earpads?

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #377 of 1,066
  I feel I like it more if I keep the headphone at some millimeters from my ears...in this case the bass is less and the sound is more balanced but the headphone is not more closed!

Maybe a tweak (or a substitution) of the earpads?

You mean you are trying to keep the drivers further from the ears? You can try stuffing the pads with paper towels.
Haven't tried myself, so please report the effect.

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #378 of 1,066
Normally if you press the earpads against your ears with both hands the bass is improved. The opposite is to keep the earpads a few millimeters from ears . Yes, the driver will be a little further than before, but this is not the point. The real reason for bass equalization is that some air will pass between the earpads and ears. I understand that the bass can be different from person to person, depends on your head...more tight more bass less tight less bass.

I think that the driver of this headphone is very good. Sweet highs, incredible 3D effect for a headphone, strong bass. However it was designed for "extra bass". A tweaking could improve it. Maybe sponge earpads?....

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #379 of 1,066
$68.79 from "Ace Japan".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00FS0DFTK

I'm wondering if these will be an upgrade to Takstar Pro 80

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #380 of 1,066
Couple of my colleagues in work noticed i had another pair of new headphones today and naturally wanted to try them out, both really liked the sound, both smilling ear to ear while listening to "the best headphones ever" with a comment of i could never spend that much on a pair of headphones, how much were they. When i pointed out they were only about £30 (£50) posted i think we have a couple of new converts

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #381 of 1,066
Couple of my colleagues in work noticed i had another pair of new headphones today and naturally wanted to try them out, both really liked the sound, both smilling ear to ear while listening to "the best headphones ever" with a comment of i could never spend that much on a pair of headphones, how much were they. When i pointed out they were only about £30 (£50) posted i think we have a couple of new converts

Great!

So the problem in http://www.head-fi.org/t/690493/the-jvc-ha-s680-s400s-and-s500s-big-brother-is-here/345#post_10190988 went away?

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #382 of 1,066
Boys in short, how they sound compared to these JVC HA-S500??

I have owned the 500 but they were too dark and much less defined and linear CALs ... I resold ...
Give me some advice for choosing.
PS: where can I buy eventually I live in Italy ... thanks ...

This seller is good? The price is good?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/NEW-Victor-JVC-HA-S680-R-Red-color-Outdoor-type-Headphone-Carbon-Nanotube-F-S-/271332332176

At the same price there is Denon Ah-D1100...is better or worse than the JVC 680? The denon has a 50mm driver.
PS: the headphones I use only at home ... with FiiO e10 ...

And the JVC HA-S800????? Same driver???

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #387 of 1,066
Jan 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #388 of 1,066
Just signed up to say that thanks to you enthusiastic guys in this thread, I've put down an order for a S680
biggrin.gif

The S500 have been keeping my head warm throughout the winter season so far, lack of comfort notwithstanding.
Looking forward to check these out as I have both the S400 & S500 - and I really quite like the S500. Aside from the way it feels slightly too big (headband) for my presumably small head or the way it clamps when I've got my glasses on - which is most of the time.

Though, I sort of wish the S680s could've kept more of the visual style the "little brothers" had going on. Sure, it shares color scheme with the S400 but I really liked the shape of those two had as well. Looked good on the head when out and about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back