The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!
May 5, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #1,037 of 1,066
Maybe try ebay. I lost my opportunity to get the S500's, they are not selling anymore in amazon from my country, neither amazon usa. Although I don't regret my buy, the GM200 are really a nice jewel and I'm planning on get the Pro's 82.
If you want an even more balanced and natural sound than GM200, Pro 82 v2 is the right decision.
Just make sure you buy it at the store that actually ships v2, and not v1/v0.9.
Here is a verified store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html

May 5, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #1,039 of 1,066
Guys I’m wondering, what will happen to the sound if you puncture these holes on the driver (red marked it)?

E55C97AC-E0D3-4959-A44E-9789E6C20A3C.jpeg

May 7, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,040 of 1,066
I have them playing music at deafening volumes since last night, since mine didn’t fully burn in yet (they have 12 hours from a previous session I did last year)

Before I let them burn-in, they were too bright in the highs.

Will playing music at very high volumes burn them in properly? Also, would the highs smooth out a bit once they’re fully burned in?

May 7, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,041 of 1,066
I have them playing music at deafening volumes since last night, since mine didn’t fully burn in yet (they have 12 hours from a previous session I did last year)

Before I let them burn-in, they were too bright in the highs.

Will playing music at very high volumes burn them in properly? Also, would the highs smooth out a bit once they’re fully burned in?
Playing random music at higher than typical listening volume, will burn it just fine.
The specific effects of burn-in may be different from what I have listed in the first post, due to your mod.

May 9, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #1,044 of 1,066
Took the S680 out since 3 days and gave them a listen. There’s distortion that wasn’t there before. I used another headphone with the same tracks , and confirmed that distortion isn’t there with that headphone.

It appears the drivers are damaged... How could that be, since the diapghram is made out of cnt material?

May 9, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,046 of 1,066
Took the S680 out since 3 days and gave them a listen. There’s distortion that wasn’t there before. I used another headphone with the same tracks , and confirmed that distortion isn’t there with that headphone.

It appears the drivers are damaged... How could that be, since the diapghram is made out of cnt material?
Did you burn it at 20-30% above listenable volume? It shouldn't cause any damage, not even close.

May 9, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #1,047 of 1,066
Did you burn it at 20-30% above listenable volume? It shouldn't cause any damage, not even close.
Yes. Max volume of the player is 31. Listening volume would be 16, above listening volume would be 20. I had it at 26 volume.

I also had 1 ply of toilet paper and charcoal foam on the front side of the driver while burning them in (I find the treble too bright). Would that trap the sound in more, thus causing more damage to the driver, or would it not matter to have 1 ply of toilet paper and charcoal foam on the front while playing at that volume?

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #1,048 of 1,066
Yes. Max volume of the player is 31. Listening volume would be 16, above listening volume would be 20. I had it at 26 volume.

I also had 1 ply of toilet paper and charcoal foam on the front side of the driver while burning them in (I find the treble too bright). Would that trap the sound in more, thus causing more damage to the driver, or would it not matter to have 1 ply of toilet paper and charcoal foam on the front while playing at that volume?
If normal listening volume is 16, then 26 is definitely too high.
Having paper/foam would cause some additional volume pressure.
Was the paper/foam touching the driver? That could cause some physical damage.

May 9, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #1,049 of 1,066
If normal listening volume is 16, then 26 is definitely too high.
Having paper/foam would cause some additional volume pressure.
Was the paper/foam touching the driver? That could cause some physical damage.
Is there a remedy to remove the distorting sound caused by the too high volume? Does not using it for a while fix that?

The paper/foam was resting against the front side, there’s a mesh there so it wasn’t phsyically touching the driver, just laying against the mesh.

May 9, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #1,050 of 1,066
The paper/foam was resting against the front side, there’s a mesh there so it wasn’t phsyically touching the driver, just laying against the mesh.
Looks like it was creating additional pressure over a small area - can be dangerous

Is there a remedy to remove the distorting sound caused by the too high volume? Does not using it for a while fix that?
Your guess is as good as mine, I guess resting it the only available option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back