The journal of the longest β22 build ever
Oct 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #16 of 18
Have you given up debugging your original build?

Yes.
It was futile.

I tried fixing it for more than half a year, and it still doesn't work. I'd just be wasting my time trying to fix it. Especially because I have to rely on others for the diagnosis, since my knowledge of electronics is not sufficient to do it myself.

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #17 of 18
So what are you gonna do with the two original boards? I won't be able to sleep for the next couple of weeks if you tell me you're gonna scrap them. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd love a hands-on debug session with these.

The least you could do is de-solder everything, test all individual parts including the PCBs, and then rebuild them. With more patience, you could end up with a balanced β22. 
k701smile.gif

Now I think I'll go read the logs of the debugging you did...

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #18 of 18
So what are you gonna do with the two original boards? I won't be able to sleep for the next couple of weeks if you tell me you're gonna scrap them. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd love a hands-on debug session with these.

The least you could do is de-solder everything, test all individual parts including the PCBs, and then rebuild them. With more patience, you could end up with a balanced β22. :k701smile:

Now I think I'll go read the logs of the debugging you did...

The posts on the debugging are scattered over the AMB forum, the Anime thread here on head-fi, and PM's here on head-fi. Good luck :wink:

I don't know what I'm going to do with them. Definitely not going to scrap them.
Either I'm going to give a go at fixing them later myself, or I'm going to sent them to a friend and let him try to fix it and pay him if he succeeds, or I'm going to sell them for a low price to another DIY'er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back