The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 24, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #166 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
be happy with what you have guys; and if you cant be, buy the JH16 simple as that, no sense hanging around being bitter about something that is designed to bring joy; kinda destroys the point of indulging yourself with the highest quality IEMs

It’s kind of weird the way most of what I posted was ignored by those who responded the quickest, but I do agree with this 100%

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #167 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It’s kind of weird the way most of what I posted was ignored by those who responded the quickest, but I do agree with this 100%

Don't worry happens all the time!!! He who has the most posts wins!!!

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #168 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would depend on the design. If you're a dude with hot pink hearts in your design, it might get some attention
tongue.gif
- purple is all good thanks to Prince and Jimmy Hendricks.

thats funny, because that was my second choice
biggrin.gif
jk the first of which DOES get that kind of attention and the second; well who knows what was going on there
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:

You make some great point, and I think you pointed out the problem. We sometimes want to have the latest and greatest even though that can lead down a road of "neversatisfiedenoughedess".

yep, thats what i'm sayin' I totally get that too, but I guess you need to work out exactly how much is that the main factor in buying an object and if its right up there at the top; probably make sure to buy a little earlier than 6 months down the track and nearly 2 months since the JH16 was first mentioned by JH

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniversalRemonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I quoted Jerry's own words. Please try re-reading.

oh look common mate,
rolleyes.gif
you dont seriously expect that to wash do you? I've never known Jerry to be a facetious trolling nincompoop; maybe i've been reading the wrong threads
confused.gif
can you link me please i'm intrigued now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually wasnt replying to your post at all, so didnt acknowledge or ignore anything
biggrin.gif
, I only saw your post on the same page and there wasnt really anything that I could respond to. It was all quotes by JH, I cant comment on why he hasnt replied to you, anything he says at that point is going to upset someone and you can bet he's getting all sorts of emails from people feeling hard done by and wanting him to upgrade their IEMs. anyone getting their JH13 now has ordered while the announcement for JH16 has been around, so I dont see there is anything to complain about personally.

hopefully you see that ^^ this doesnt apply to you either, but IS in reply to you. glad we're on the same page with the quote though

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #169 of 509
Quote:

Tell me exactly where Jerry told the JH16s would be better than the JH13s.

All you talked were nonsense, considering you even don't have the JH13s (do you?) and never heard the JH16s.

I hate reading posts by members who just joined a couple months but talked like they were here 8 years ago.

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #170 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate reading posts by members who just joined a couple months but talked like they were here 8 years ago.

IOW, 90% of the boards these days.

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #171 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell me exactly where Jerry told the JH16s would be better than the JH13s.

Maybe he get that from JH audio Store:

Quote:

This triple bore allows us to double the low frequency drivers for lower distortion, increased headroom and greater detail and accuracy in the low frequencies

JH Audio, Listen Up.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 24, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #173 of 509
Quote:

These would be Jerry's words:

Quote:

The JH16 is not necessarily a better sounding earpiece than the 13. The JH13 is a killer sounding earpiece and audio-wise it is hard to improve upon. Regarding the sound signature, the 13 and 16 are very similar. The JH16 offers more bottom end capacity and therefore will take more low-end input.

You will notice the difference more in a live setting than a mastered recording. In a live situation the mix is not as controlled. The dynamic range and transient peaks are much more dramatic live. For example, in a live setting, an artist may want to hear a full mix plus a kick drum with a large 50hz boost (more than you would ever hear on a recording) and at a much louder volume than most people would listen....

Jerry

To me it reads like the JH16s would make a difference in live settings, but not much of a difference, if any, when listening to recorded music.

Where you're getting your information is beyond me, and since you share at least one ip address with a member banned one day before you joined, I'd suggest being careful before spamming this board with nonsense.

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #174 of 509
Quote:

He also was willing to discuss the JH13 vs JH18 question to my satisfaction. His opinion is that for audiophile use, the JH13s are better. He states that the JH18s will be about 2dB louder in deep bass, and that this really is only useful in monitoring in the live settings. For listening to high-quality, prerecorded music on good equipment, he recommends, and uses the JH13s. After this discussion, I did not feel in any way compelled to change my order.

According to Mivan in another thread. I spent more for my jh13s than what it would cost to get a jh16 (I opted for a color change) but I don't really regret my purchase. We'll soon know soon enough I guess.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #175 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These would be Jerry's words:

To me it reads like the JH16s would make a difference in live settings, but not much of a difference, if any, when listening to recorded music.

Where you're getting your information is beyond me, and since you share at least one ip address with a member banned one day before you joined, I'd suggest being careful before spamming this board with nonsense.

Well I guess the bottom line is that we are not going to get an answer until one of the trusted ears here can listen to both, and that is why I originally asked this question to JH himself because I figured if anyone has heard both it would be him. I think if Jerry answered this question:

If both the JH13 and the JH16 were playing the same recorded (Not Live) consumer quality recordings, would they sound identical or would we notice a difference in any part of the frequency spectrum (Treble, Midrange or Bass)?
I think if Jerry did this a lot of people would no longer have questions and everyone could just order what they feel is best for them because I think the bottom line is that not many intelligent people are going to let $50 stand between them and a product that can do exactly what the top of the line one does and has some breathing room to spare (especially when the price is this high anyway), That is just my opinion, I could be wrong though.

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #176 of 509
But if really jh13 are better, why Jerry simply dont said that and put price on for example 1400$ ? Than owners of jh13 know they have lower model and want to upgrade, which will make profit for JH audio.

But at the moment, they are almost same price, and Jerry still recomends jh13 for just music listening, so no need for upgrade for owners, no extra profit for Jh audio.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #177 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hope this doesnt turn into a war like we have with gilette mach 3, then someone put out a 4 bladed razor and then the lame fusion with 5

Lol. True. In the end the 2 bladed razor shaves better than the 5.

L3000.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #178 of 509
The important part of what Jerry stated was "an artist may want to hear a full mix plus a kick drum with a large 50hz boost (more than you would ever hear on a recording) and at a much louder volume than most people would listen...."

The JH 13's low end has limitations in this regard and would not be able to provide musicians with the dynamic range needed for them to hear an accurate representation of what is being played live. In a recording the range of the highs and lows are controlled and therefore such dynamic range is not needed because it will never be used.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #179 of 509
I don't know, but JH needs to get the JH16's in jude's hands.

The longer I wait, the less I want these things. I'm sure once reviews start rolling in, I'll have that fire burning inside me once again with the urge to buy!

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #180 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The important part of what Jerry stated was "an artist may want to hear a full mix plus a kick drum with a large 50hz boost (more than you would ever hear on a recording) and at a much louder volume than most people would listen...."

The JH 13's low end has limitations in this regard and would not be able to provide musicians with the dynamic range needed for them to hear an accurate representation of what is being played live. In a recording the range of the highs and lows are controlled and therefore such dynamic range is not needed because it will never be used.

This doesn't make sense to me. I'm a musician, and for me clarity, instrument separation, and sparkling highs are what makes an IEM great on the stage. Obviously bass must be present, but the bass on the JH13s is excellent, and (importantly!) not overbearing. (And I'm a drummer, so if anyone would want powerful bass, it would be me.)

The reviews might prove me wrong once they role in, but I feel like the extra bass drivers are mostly a marketing tool, and though I'm sure they work, I see no practical benefit for 99% of performers, when compared to the JH13s. They should help JH take some sales away from UE though! ("8 drivers for $200 less than UE's 6 = sold!")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back