The Jeans-fi thread
Jan 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #486 of 682

A Bathing Ape is REAL hype.....

Can Evisu jeans be regarded as "quality denim"?

Depends on the country of origin, the Japanese Evisu is miles above the export Evisu you find elsewhere. I don't get how people get honeycombing to fade...I've been wearing my pair of 501's daily for the last 3 months and while my arse pockets have conformed to my wallet and a crapload of whiskering in the front, it still looks pristine elsewhere.

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #487 of 682
So, my cousin just bought Naked And Famous - Weird Guy- Vintage Blue Selvedge, and they are about 1-2 inch too big on the waist when i tried them on? Is there anyway to make it shrink down so it fits me better, while still getting the best out of them? Unfortunately, i can't get exc/refunds, and i'm a noob at this, didn't expect my cousin to buy raw for me...

also, if i use a belt, why does the back of my jeans kinda distort, is it because of the belt? or the jeans?

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #488 of 682
If they're too big, you can't do much about them.  They're sanforized, meaning they shrink very little, and not worth it in your position.  You can try to sell it on forums specialized with clothing like hypebeast and superfuture, looking to trade for smaller sizes or just selling them.  Or eBay.  I would go to hypebeast or sufu, but if you're uncomfortable dealing without protection at least make sure their posting history and selling history are credible.

The extra slack on your loose fit is probably folding when you compress it with the belt.  It doesn't look good either, and won't fade evenly.

hypebeast: http://hypebeast.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71
sufu: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #489 of 682
well that kinda sucks. guess i'll put it on craigslist and sell it.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/clo/2182082606.html

if anybody is interested in vancouver, it'd be good to get a portion of the money back....

EDIT

I think i've made the situation better, i went back to the shop and even though the jeans were supposed to be final sale, i got to exchange. I exchanged them for 31 Weird Guys in the same wash. I'm not too sure if the sizing is okay, but these feel tighter than my normal 29x30 or 30x30 Levis jeans...

So, what's the procedure on these?

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #490 of 682
I just got a pair of Jean Shop Rockers in natural (no indigo) for spring from a Barney's last chance sale online. I'm super excited. I went to try them on in the store and even the sales associates there told me I'm better off scouring for deals elsewhere, though they don't make commission at that store. I'm currently working on my APC New Standards. My regular pair is going through some preemptive repair work for the crotch, so meanwhile I'm wearing the all back version.

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #492 of 682
What are your thoughts on 7 original bootcut in New York Dark as a first pair of mid range denim for someone who usually wears Levi's 514s? Unfortunately no place near me stocks them and it's not worth the trip for me to try them on.

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #493 of 682
I bought over 20 pairs of jeans online before I found my perfect fit.  It costed me a lot of money but the effort was worth it.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back