The Jeans-fi thread
Aug 3, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #392 of 682

Quote:
Levis 511; a more fitted fit (lol) without being tight. I don't have enough funds for any jeans $60+ anyway (being a student) so these fit the bill.

spending $200 jeans that will last your life vs spending $60 that you might get 2 years out of IMO

edit: not to advertise but theres a 50% off sale and free shipping thing going on at Levis.com right now, plus the coupon code CC50JUL can be used for 50% off another single item.  potentially selvedge 501's (one washed though) for $25

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #393 of 682
It's true. Premium Resin rinse/chipped rigid are both selvedge along with some others; the resin rinse is I believe one wash (my pair seemed pretty rigid). Not a bad price for selvedge jeans.

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #395 of 682

Quote:
spending $200 jeans that will last your life vs spending $60 that you might get 2 years out of IMO

edit: not to advertise but theres a 50% off sale and free shipping thing going on at Levis.com right now, plus the coupon code CC50JUL can be used for 50% off another single item.  potentially selvedge 501's (one washed though) for $25

I agree, but I'm only in my mid-teen years so I have a couple more years until I stop growing.  Spending that much money only to replace them a year later because of different height/waist sizes is not an option for me.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #397 of 682
I bought Warehouse Co. 1001XX 15th Anniversary jeans this time.  It has been soaked in hot water and washed.  

Hopefully this is the last impulsive buying for this year.  
redface.gif

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #398 of 682

Quote:

Even if the jeans will last you a lifetime, you'd get bored of the cut/fade after a year anyway. A lot of people "justify" their high end denim by telling themselves it'll last x times longer than cheap denim when in truth, most of them won't wear them that long. IMO, nice jeans are a luxury rather than a practicality. 

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #399 of 682

I disagree.  501s are the original jean.  And many jeans ARE modeled after vintage levi's and stuff anyway.

Quote:
Even if the jeans will last you a lifetime, you'd get bored of the cut/fade after a year anyway. A lot of people "justify" their high end denim by telling themselves it'll last x times longer than cheap denim when in truth, most of them won't wear them that long. IMO, nice jeans are a luxury rather than a practicality. 

Aug 10, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #400 of 682
Even the cut of 501s vary from year to year. You can't tell me LVC 44s are anything like the 47s. Sure, they can be modeled after the 501, but even the 501 has multiple variations depending on the year of production. There aren't many true repros out there; most companies will tweak the Levi's fit to their liking which results in slightly different cuts that can look very different on the same person. Honestly, there aren't many young people that still wear 501s anyway. I think I'm probably the only one of my friends right now who still has a pair of 501s that I wear frequently, and because they're vintage they look/fit nothing like today's 501s. I honestly can't think of 1 pair of jeans that I'd wear for the rest of my life. Styles change way too frequently and unlike headphones, I like to have variety.

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #404 of 682

I hope my Warehouse doesn't shrink anymore because I have been wearing it.  This pair feels like a loose fit rather than straight leg.  The denim quality is good and it's soft on the inside but it's not like Sugar Cane. 

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #405 of 682
So I bought a pair of Nudie Thin Finn Organics in June as my first expensive pair, and I really don't regret buying them.  Bought true to my 33" waist size (actually more like 33.5"), they fit like a glove and after two months of semi-regular wear, they didn't stretch enough to bother me.  I decided to wash them since they had soy sauce stains from my first day of wearing them to town (tried drinking the pool of the stuff left behind in a box of noodles), as well as a bit of nacho cheese and some general sweat.  Wearing them after they dried, they felt incredibly sexy, retaining what little fading I'd worn into them.

The denim quality is a lot better than what I'd heard, although I'm still wary of the thinness.  However, the jeans still feel sturdy and I'm not one for trashing my clothing anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back