The Jeans-fi thread
Jul 18, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #361 of 682
Also having skimmed the thread quickly, eBay is a great place to pick up jeans (or clothes in general) as some people literally ditch their wardrobe regularly in order to keep on-trend, and you can often get some great bargains on stuff that still looks good. (I tend to have an annual clear-out of anything I don't wear or isn't fitting like it used to and eBay it).

Also I think like most clothes, jeans ultimately look best when fitted properly - although I'm not too keen on the whole skinny jean thing - as it's easy to make yourself look wider or shorter than you actually are if they're too baggy. I also have this major no-no about wearing black shoes with jeans unless they're very dark, and even then it needs to be a nice pair of Chelsea boots or something. 

This thread also makes me want more jeans, although to be honest I seem to go out in very little BUT jeans haha.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #362 of 682

I bought another Levi's Capital E Wyatt.  It's a relaxed boot cut in dark blue.  I think it goes well with running shoes.  
smile_phones.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #363 of 682

My Sugar Cane 1947 in dark blue has arrived.  The denim is a bit thicker than Uniqlo and it's going to take a few washes to smooth it.  Hopefully this is it, I won't have the urge to buy anymore this year.  
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #364 of 682

Quote:

My Sugar Cane 1947 in dark blue has arrived.  The denim is a bit thicker than Uniqlo and it's going to take a few washes to smooth it.  Hopefully this is it, I won't have the urge to buy anymore this year.  
biggrin.gif

dont wash that stuff :frowning2: give it a soak to shrink it and wear em til they die.  your jeans have feelings you know

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #367 of 682
You bought $300 raw jeans and you were planning to WASH THEM? 
eek.gif
 Raw jeans are an art wear your jeans model your actions.  It's much more satisfying making the jeans soften through your own wear and all those creases and fades and... it goes on and on.  Think of it like burning in headphones for the better sound quality.
dt880smile.png

Quote:

biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #369 of 682
Quote:

I see what you mean.  I will start wearing it this weekend.  
biggrin.gif

First day or two will be hell, then it'll get better until it is the most comfortable piece of clothing you own. I wash my jeans about once a year, aka in case of emergency, and they are going strong after a few years (and I only own 3 pairs).

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #371 of 682
Went back to Americaya today and bought a pair of eternals.  theyre only 14.5 oz but that gives me MUCH MORE TIME IN THE YEAR that I can wear them considering how hot it is in louisiana.  going to try to sell my samurais and then ill get another pair when these have been nice and worn down :)

pics of each

sammies:
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee327/xmilkmanx/jeans/IMAG0233.jpg
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee327/xmilkmanx/jeans/IMAG0234.jpg

eternals:
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee327/xmilkmanx/IMAG0236.jpg
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee327/xmilkmanx/IMAG0237.jpg

EDIT:  AUDIO-OMEGA 

be SURE that you at least give them a nice, HOT soak (INSIDE OUT!!) and hang em to dry before you start breaking them in.  you dont want to get 6 months from now with nice fades and honeycombs, then wash them, and have them shink and all your fades that youve put so much love into be like 2 inches out of place

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #372 of 682

I saw those photos of your Samurai jeans at superdenim a few minutes ago and thought they looked familiar.  
biggrin.gif

My Sugar Cane is a one wash and I have soaked it, so it's time for wearing.  

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #375 of 682
Best jeans for under 100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back