The Jeans-fi thread
Jul 17, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #347 of 682
Chunky. I can wear "Standard Fit" jeans by certain brands, but they're tight.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #348 of 682
Ugh so ive lost about 2 inches on my waist and 20 lbs since ive been here these past 4 weeks.  I REALLY hope i dont lose any more and can get it back,, otherwise ill have to try my ass off to sell my samurais which probably wont happpen since im stupidly short

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #349 of 682
Why is it bad to lose weight? You skinny people...

Quote:
Ugh so ive lost about 2 inches on my waist and 20 lbs since ive been here these past 4 weeks.  I REALLY hope i dont lose any more and can get it back,, otherwise ill have to try my ass off to sell my samurais which probably wont happpen since im stupidly short

Jul 18, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #357 of 682
More importantly, can it be done from the inside?  The entire point of buying these jeans is for the natural edge that they make when the denim is made, and that goes to the outside of the leg

Jul 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #358 of 682
So they break in better, and they will fit better, if they're tighter?

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #359 of 682

Quote:
So they break in better, and they will fit better, if they're tighter?

Not really. They will just fade faster, but not necessarily better. It depends on the type of fade you want. 

If a jean doesn't fit properly then you're better off trying to sell them and getting a pair that does fit properly. Most tailors will destroy the selvedge finish. Also, depending on how worn in the jeans are, you could end up with some really weird train tracks on the sides.

Jul 18, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #360 of 682
<3 jeans!

I used to buy Levis when I was fat because it'd be hard to find the right waist/leg length combination and you could get them to take the legs up in-store. As I've slimmed down I've enjoyed buying jeans more and more because it's gotten easier and easier,

I've got a combination of Levi, Lambretta, Paul Smith and my favourites, Diesel. I stupidly (well, not really) kept up the health kick and my waist went down another two inches from 34" to 32", so a couple of them need a bit of beltage to feel secure, but they don't look 'off' when worn, so I'll stick with them and upgrade slowly over time. I don't mind paying a bit for nice jeans as they feel like an investment, will get a lot of wear-time and cheaper jeans tend to just look less 'cool' in terms of the fading, stitching and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back