The Jeans-fi thread
Dec 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #136 of 682
I used to get my selvage Edwins and PRPS's from these guys

Men's - by brand - Attic Clothing

The stock changes constantly and it is always better to call. They do stock more commonplace jeans as well, i.e. Levis/Lee and Diesels. You can get your vintage Levi's here as well:

Denim - hanon shop

Both happen to be in Aberdeen (Scotland), amazing for a small town of only ca. 200,000 people. Hanon used to stock 5EPs but not anymore. Also try this site

http://www.pure-man.com/

They stock a lot of Nudies, including organic versions. I also bought my Rag and Bone RB11 from these guys.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #137 of 682
I wear Levi's 508 almost everyday
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #139 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
levis just arent the same since their made by 9 year olds in pakistan,

Depending on how old your pair was I guess...Cap. E's are still made in the states.

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #140 of 682
Check this out:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Some consider it the holy grail of denim. It's made from 100% natural indigo dye by some legendary man from the Tokushima prefecture in Japan. There was supposed to be only 100 made back in 2006 but they made another run early this year, I think.

I know. It's a bit excessive but sometimes when you get into hobbies....oh well.

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #143 of 682
and sorry about the levis hits, the thing is that i usualy pick up two pairs in the summer or post xmas sales, and they usualy last untill the next sales, but this time one pair ripped, and the other shrunk a size, so im a bit annoyed,

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #145 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, anyone here uses edwins ? they seem good and cheap, aswell as japanese made ,

like levi's they have their regular "consumer" models and their high end denim which can go for 300+ USD.

I had a pair of edwins, they have a good wash but their sizing and stretching is inconsistent.

I personally recommend Naked & famous if you want some premium denim without a premium price. I have 2 pairs of N&F, worn for 1 year now and still tough as hell!

Dec 14, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #149 of 682
i've recently started the skinny jeans thing (no boot cut for me tho), and i gotta say, i pull it off well! but yeah, i am a fan of the uniqlo raw selvage cuz the quality is there and the price is right ... but my roommate is trying to get me into studio d'artisan jeans which he loves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back