The Jeans-fi thread
Nov 17, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #121 of 682
Levi's Capital E, Premium, Hesher, Wyatt and LVC are still made in America. Some Levi's jeans are shrink to fit, I have never liked those because it's hard to tell how much they will shrink.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #122 of 682
7s and RRs are my staple jeans, sure they are kinda expencive, but I love 'em
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #126 of 682
Mecca and Urban Behaviour

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #127 of 682
raw is untreated denim. not distressed or anything that would alter its state when being made.

selvage is a type of loom that was made from vintage machines from the 80s where the edge of the loom is seen. back in the day, before they invented more efficient ways to make denim, everything was selvage (or selvedge). this process was more tedious to produce and the tension of the threads are supposed to be more uneven giving the jeans a more "natural" look when worn out.

when more efficient machines were invented, the japanese cornered most of the machines that make selvage denim and continued to make jeans the old fashion way. they also played around with the dyeing process and the slubbiness of the material.

here is my oni denim w/c are supposed to be one of the most slubby denim made:

P1010328.jpg

here are pics of 2 oni denims. one is worn for about 1.5years (washed for the first time after 6 months) and the other is brand new:

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #128 of 682
Wow, never thought people here would be so passionate about Jeans.

I'm currently wearing:

1 Pair of Earnest Sewn
1 Pair of Diesel Vikers
1 Pair of Evisu (Japanese Domestic) Daicock
1 Pair of True Religion (painted back pocket)
1 Pair of PRPS
1 Pair of Postage Denim

Going to Japan soon and I'm going to pick up at least 1 pair of Levi's Fenom. Dior Homme or APC would be nice as well. I love the selvedge.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #134 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any decent place to source good jeans in europe ? the shipping from the states is sometimes insane thanks to the weight of the denim

I am looking for European dealers as well.
Ordered 2 pair of Levi's 501 from the US a month ago, and think I came out pretty fine with the jeans at $75 and shipping at $30. But I have seen deals where shipping is more expensive than the jeans itself.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #135 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by john11f /img/forum/go_quote.gif
APCs are notorious in wrong sizing. Also, you should go 2 sizes down with them. ALWAYS.

Yeah, I have 2 APC New Standard, one in black and one in blue, both size 33.

The black one is much easier to get into!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back