The Itch........
Feb 20, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #16 of 22
Not sure. I have flitted around with various Stax HPs and amps, some custom. But I am now 'planted' since I got my Aries Cerat SET amplifier. The quality I am getting now on Planars is well beyond the performance of the 009 and Carbon / BHSE. So IMO you can get to a place where you stop messing with the gear, wondering, and also stop analysing the sound. Just enjoy the musical illusion. As if it is realistic and of great quality, nothing else to think about.... so end game.

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 22
Like you I think I have found the scratch for my itch. I have not bought any new gear in several months now.

Now I think it is time to focus on media (Cd's and Records). I don't think I will ever find an scratch for media. There's just so much good music. I can't stand music post 2010ish and there's still tons of great music.

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #18 of 22
Like you I think I have found the scratch for my itch. I have not bought any new gear in several months now.

Now I think it is time to focus on media (Cd's and Records). I don't think I will ever find an scratch for media. There's just so much good music. I can't stand music post 2010ish and there's still tons of great music.

I agree, and I am doing the same. What turntable are you using ?

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #19 of 22
By looking at purrty pikchewers

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #20 of 22
I agree, and I am doing the same. What turntable are you using ?

I'm using a Pioneer pl-70lii. It's as big and bad as you can go direct drive wise from Japan and still get a decent shipping rate from yahoo.jp. 28 kilograms with packaging. Semi-auto as well.

hakana113 and audio_lovejp on yahoo.jp and you will not be disappointed when it comes to phono.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #22 of 22
hakana113 on yahoo.jp. His prices start out high, but if you watch the item for a while, the prices come down or eventually the item goes up for auction. I watched the pio player and my se-p900 till they were a few hundred off and won my C-2301 in an auction.

Hifido.jp sets the standard. Hakana and audio_lovejp are the best. Literally "white glove" museum grade condition and photographs. Audio_lovejp has not had that much for sale as he used to though.

I use zenmarket to buy from yahoo.jp as it is really cheap and if you end up in an auction you have someone with 3000+ positive feedback bidding rather than your own 0 feedback.

Over 30kg. with packaging though and you end up with sky high shipping that ruins any deal. My pl-70lii and C-2301 were very much on the cusp. Hifido.jp has much more reasonable shipping for over 30kg. I bought my power amps from hifido. A Technics SE-A100 and Sony TA-N902.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back