the iPod is AWESOME!
Nov 11, 2001 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I just picked up my iPod at the Westfarm's Apple store. I downloaded 4.6 gigs to it in about 18 minutes. The same amount took three and a half hours to my Nomad Jukebox. I have my Creek OBH-11 and HD 600's hooked up right now. Very,very nice. Seems like there is more detail to the music. I'm listening to Diana Krall now. No harhsness, sweet. Very, non headphone sounding, if that makes sense. Can't wait to get my MG Head from Headroom. Should be just beautiful. Buy one!

Bob
tongue.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2001 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 16
Honestly I haven't even tried the earbuds that came with it. I already had iTunes2. I haven't tried the EQ settings. I don't think they follow the MP3's. The interface is so, simple. I'll try some different earbuds today. I listen for about 2 hours laast night and thr battery icon still shows full.

Bob
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 12:43 AM Post #6 of 16
lol, RIAA... thats just funny...

imagine an audio format called "RIAA", who knows what it would do...

But I'm interested in what type of buds Apple would provide for such a powerful headphone amp... I mean, they have to be somewhat decent, no?

Nov 12, 2001 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 16
I just came back from the apple store and burger king. I spilled coke all over the floor of my car.. what a rip..

Anyways, I'm loving the ipod. I had a few questions, though that I forgot to ask at the store. The people at the apple store told me that the music syncing is one way. That is, I can only move songs onto the ipod. Or is that just the case with a computer that isn't the computer you originally synced it up with?

Do you find the headphone out good enough to be a clean line out?

Nov 12, 2001 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 16
If you hook the iPod up to another Mac it will update from the iTunes library on that machine. Wipes out what was on there. Or you could select Firewire disc mode and it is just like any other drive. The headphone jack is fine. Great sound with the Creek. I used some Sen MX500's on a hike today. I like the fit of these over the Apple ones.

Bob
cool.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 4:29 AM Post #10 of 16
When you say "wipe out what's there," "there" meaning the ipod, right? So the ipod's music will be a copy of what is on the other person's mac's itunes? What if you don't set the ipod for automatic update?

Nov 12, 2001 at 5:01 AM Post #11 of 16
Yes on the iPod. If it's in Firewire mode you can copy any file and load it to another Mac. If their MP3 file the iPod won't play them. They have to be loade from iTunes. That's the way I undeerstand it.

Bob
cool.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 5:17 AM Post #12 of 16
I think that it will ask you before wiping or deleting anything so that it doesn't happen accidently.

Also, somebody's cracked the 'one-way' thing so that iPod will allow the actual music portion of the hard drive to show up in hard drive mode on the desktop. So, if it works like it says then it should allow you to transfer music that is in music mode to another computer and drag and drop into the music folder for playing in music mode on the go.
http://www.cooc.de/softies/ipodfreef...ess/index.html

Nov 12, 2001 at 6:47 AM Post #14 of 16
My concern with hdd mp3 players is I'd probably burn archive copies in cd format anyway (as hard discs seem to have limited lifespan)so i may as well go for an mp3/cd player.

The Iriver imp 350 is slated for release around xmas. Its alloy cased, got a built in am/fm tuner, and only 16.7mm thick.

However, if i had a mac I'd probably sell my firstborn child to get an Ipod!

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back