The interconnect effects on headphone.
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
I consider changing my amp to a tube one but i decided to keep them as i read that gs1 are neutral and sensitive to types of cables. So i suspect that the silveraudio cable may not be a good match to my setup. So i switch to a copper one. Tada... it solve my long time issue with my own setup. While i enjoy what i have , sometimes i notice the midrange can be lean and the copper interconnect solve the problem by giving it more weight , sound smoothier , less glare and at the same time avoid making the sound too warm for my taste.

Well you may think that this topic shld be in the cable forum but i just wanna express that headphone listening can be affected not only by headphone cables ,amp but also the interconnect matching. The interconnect i am using now is Straight Wire Encore II.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 4
Nice to hear!
Its all about component matching.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Let's not start THIS discussion again! : )

I'm a firm believer in selecting ALL upstream gear--including interconnects--to optimize headphone output. Right now I'm using a PC-OCC interconnect to great benefit with all my headphones. : )

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm a BIT of a cable skeptic, but after A/Bing (between my DAC and amp) between an inexpensive Headroom mini-mini and a slightly pricier Kimber GQ-Cu Mini-mini, I'd have to say that there is indeed a difference, if minor. Certainly having a decent gauge, build quality and set of connectors can help and be worth the cost for the less pricier of the "boutique" cable offerings.

Unfortunately this means I've gotta replace this cheap mini-RCA cable I'm using to connect my amp to my CDP.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back