The inevitable,my se530 cable has split!
Jun 24, 2008 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jinx20001

Headphoneus Supremus
i thought i was doing so well until a go to clean the cable an there it is as clean as a whistle, a great big clean split in the cable, now im pissed
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

what is the process for getting these replaced in the UK and they are still within warranty period with a cable code of november 06, but i have no proof of purchase.

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 18
Everywhere I looked lately stated that you must have a proof of purchase to have a warranty repair, otherwise you have to pay for the repair.

I tried to have some workaround with Shure people because my code was also around november 06 (they broke 2 weeks ago and I had them for a year) and they said that I MUST have a proof of purchase from an authorized re-seller.

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 18
My first pair to go back went without a receipt, Shure replaced them no problem. Second pair went back with the return receipt from the first replacement pair and I received within a week SE530's..

print out the return form, fill it out and explain that you are aware of the cracking cable issues and would like these replaced.. see what they do.

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 18
You should tell them that you know that they know about the cable issue, you know what I mean?

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #8 of 18
Have a search for the original SE530 cable breakage poll. I'm sure Sugarfried said that all cable issues would be replaced regardless of age. Its a manufacturing fault that is their problem. Not ours.

I've sent you a PM too.

On another note

I just sent mine off & I had them returned in four days (UK too)

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 18
thanks for the advice guys, they did indeed demand proof of purchase, and i even suggested that i would travel down to london to their distribution centre if they would be happy to exchange them for me, but they blew this idea out of the water and simply said i should send them in the post.

not only is this inconvenient but its a pain in the arse to get them packaged up and sent off but hey if its the only way then they are going in the post.

the worse thing is im going to struggle to get them sent out because im working 10 hours a day and even saturdays so my chance to get them out is near zero.

im pretty upset and im going to let them know about it. thanks again all. i think if shure give me trouble im going to put them up on the sales forums cheap, the crack is very very small and they will sell. then im going to tell shure im a new customer of ultimate ears thanks to them

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the advice guys, they did indeed demand proof of purchase, and i even suggested that i would travel down to london to their distribution centre if they would be happy to exchange them for me, but they blew this idea out of the water and simply said i should send them in the post.

not only is this inconvenient but its a pain in the arse to get them packaged up and sent off but hey if its the only way then they are going in the post.

the worse thing is im going to struggle to get them sent out because im working 10 hours a day and even saturdays so my chance to get them out is near zero.

im pretty upset and im going to let them know about it. thanks again all. i think if shure give me trouble im going to put them up on the sales forums cheap, the crack is very very small and they will sell. then im going to tell shure im a new customer of ultimate ears thanks to them

nothing like blackmail, lol,

shame jinx, you did like them, silly fools, shure, UE were brilliant when i broke my 10s

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #11 of 18
You can't get someone to just drop the package off at a post office, jinx?

Man, if you lived near me, I'd offer....

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 18
jinx - didn't you say in a much earlier post that you bought them at full price from Amazon.co.uk? I remember this because you were comparing the price we had to pay for them in the UK versus the US.

So check your Amazon orders (which will show you all your previous orders going back several years), and print out the order details from there.

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have the time to drive them to London but you don't have the time to drop them in the mail..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back