Oct 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kiteki

aka Theta Alpha 1
aka Alpha Zeta 5
aka Alpha Zeta 6
aka Nanocat Systems
And many other aliases
Hello,

This is my attempt at a glossary of some audio linguistics, as per our perception, noted in imagery or feeling, with the intent to connect to similar or identical perception of the other listener, communicated via text.

I know some reviewers or reviews I've read, if I read the comments and imagine the sound in my mind, via their writing skill, sometimes it's actually very accurate when I hear the product, the way I imagined it!

In my experience, this kind of 'fairytale' reviewing has proven more accurate than trudging through the raw data of measurements, where I've looked at hundreds and just can't find any solid connection!

I know the 'fairytale' and the 'hardware + data = final' types of individuals around here, don't seem to respect eachother or get along.

I think if you want to downsize audio into a simple, finite set of rules, in black and white, you're likely in the wrong field and should play chess instead!

The fact that chess is nowhere near 'complete' yet in this age of Intel i7 processors should say it all.  So if you're the black and white television type I made an adjacent thread for discussion - The data acquisition of fairytales.

Yes there is a lot of snake oil out there, and there is a lot of fake reviews or profit mark-up on some products, and so what?  That doesn't imply it's all like that, even if 90% of it is, there could still be 10% of the market with real high quality or ethereal sounding products.

This glossary will revolve mostly around IEM's, DAC's & amplifiers, so I put the thread in the IEM section of the forums.

This is a draft I'll write pieces here and there when I have time.

Thank you for looking !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back