The Impatience is Killing me!! Help!
Jul 24, 2007 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

OverElysium

New Head-Fier
First of all I'm new to the whole scene. I ordered a headroom desktop amp fully pimped out as they call it. I just literally received the amp itself but the external power supply they say you need is back ordered another 2 weeks. I really want to use this little sucker, I've never experienced an amp before..

Anyway, it came with the crappy power supply. Would it be safe to use the amp? The guy from headroom said that it might be unsafe to use the DAC with the crappy power supply...

What do yall think?

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusWept /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, it came with the crappy power supply. Would it be safe to use the amp? The guy from headroom said that it might be unsafe to use the DAC with the crappy power supply...

What do yall think?

Hmmm a professional who knows his product intimately vs. a group of people stating '(I was lucky and) I didn't burn mine up.' You never hear anybody consider the stuff in the parenthesis.

I'd go with the professional's recommendation but it's yours if you want to take the chance. What's another couple of weeks vs. an expensive but damaged amp?

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 5
Why did they send it with a poor quality ps, one that I would guess does not have the current required or is not regulated and then told you not to use it? That doesn't make sense unless I am missing something.

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 5
Ok yeah, I used analog input on it, its clearly lacking power. So im going to be patient and use my CD rig instead...

To the guy about why they shipped it, I think its because I ordered cables and such and they just shipped what they had most likely..

anyway.. sorry to kinda make a useless thread.

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Well... it's a good chance to burn-in the amp (with the stock PSU) until the 'pimped-out PSU' arrives 2 weeks later.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back