The iMod Replacement: Build your own Portable DAC for optical capable DAPs & PCDP
Jan 18, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh Ok then, observe the battery drain, you should get no less than 12 hours after a few recharge. Do a full drain than recharge for at least 3 times to optimize the battery.

ok thanks, I will do!

Quote:

I think this DAC was originally designed for Hi-Fi speaker setup and not meant to be portable LOL!

biggrin.gif

and.. another question: is first case (1455J1602) completely plastic, or just with plastic cover..?

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by itobito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.. another question: is first case (1455J1602) completely plastic, or just with plastic cover..?

The 1455J1602 is made of the same material for 1455J1601 - all aluminium. The only difference is the face plate which is made of plastic like the ones found in GoVibe V6. The ABS plastic panel is made of very high quality material and still easy to work with. Much easier than the aluminium plates. If I were to buy another enclosure I will go for the plastic cover.

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

The 1455J1602 is made of the same material for 1455J1601 - all aluminium. The only difference is the face plate which is made of plastic like the ones found in GoVibe V6. The ABS plastic panel is made of very high quality material and still easy to work with. Much easier than the aluminium plates. If I were to buy another enclosure I will go for the plastic cover.

ok, thats great! I will take 1455J1602..!

inside of gulliver case

hugs,
ito

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #34 of 35
itobito: wow thats [size=large]MASSIVE[/size] but so is your interconnect thats huge; why sooooo huuuuge?? not only is it lareg; the design would be producing parasitic capacitance as well as you havent braided it. shouldnt be a problem, but maybe be aware of that when making the next one. Its more of a problem with solid core than stranded, but still something to watch.

EFN: I can recommend the toshiba MK1214GAH 120gb zif its a nice unit and drops into the ipod video without issue. there should be 240gb soon, but they've been 'coming soon' for ages. so with a zif convertor no drama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back