The "I'm excited about..." thread: post about anything that's got you stoked!
Feb 27, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #46 of 51

Quote:
Are you volunteering (due to the presence of the term damn I guess not) or are you being drafted?
Anyway good luck and stay safe.
Just knew that a local workshop not far from where I live is still servicing old Walkman machines. Cool. Once I get that WM-D6C I'll bring it there to have it checked out. Always thought that DD meant Direct Drive, as in turntables. Actually no, it's Disc Drive, so belts are still used. After 25+ years of storage I guess the belts are done, but the seller says the machines functions flawlessly. Oh well. Bought the Fisher player from that guy and it is fine.

I'm drafted (every male that at the age of 18 is drafted for 3 years, females for 2 years). 
But I was joking, i'm looking forward to it, most of my friends already joined the army so I'm pretty much bored these days. 

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #48 of 51
Got VirtualBox so I can start zigoner* within the Ubuntu system. Such as "installing" Windows and play with the Registry and such.

*A Quebec French slang for a certain somewhat-offensive English term.

EDIT: Yeah, this and the complain thread combined, will become the (un)official Head-Fi Life Status Update threads. Who needs Facebook?

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #49 of 51
I thought I'd bump up this happy little thread I created so long ago, lest it fall into the jaws of obscurity. That and I was perusing my profile and happened to see it in my activity feed. Anywho, just last week I dragged out the family's extremely old (and gigantic) original window air conditioner (which I've nicknamed Big Bertha) and powered it up for the first time in the 12 years since we got central air, and I was delighted to find that it still works. I managed to muscle it up into my bedroom and install it in my window. The room, a converted attic, is poorly insulated and has exactly one air vent, buried in a corner somewhere, so it regularly reaches over 100 degrees F up there during the summer, which means it's been basically uninhabitable for a little over four months out of the year for the past five years. I've gone through three window air conditioners over the years, and every one has burned out, sometimes spectacularly. Big Bertha is number four and so far she's conquered two near-ninety degree days. The only bad thing is the racket it makes isn't exactly an ideal backdrop to music listening, but it gives me a cool place to sleep at night, so I can't really complain.

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #51 of 51
new opeth album in the fall and getting my fiio e5/l3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back