The IEM that reminds me most of Audeze's sonic signature is ????
Dec 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fzman

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm on the hunt for a new IEM, and prefer to have just one set which is both jack of, and master of, all trades.  I love the sound of Audeze's because they combine warmth/body with resolution, and are full range (ok, maybe a touch less so on top).   They are very coherent, and do instrumental timbres well IMHO.  I use a Cowon X7,  a Hifiman801. Also, I've been doing some listening with my new Galaxy S3, which is warm-ish, but sounds better than it has any right to, and even better still with an OTG cable and an HRT Headstreamer.....I listen to acoustic and electric jazz, 60s-70's rock and progressive, Zappa, King Crimson, Miles, but also listen to Slipknot and Primus type stuff on occasion.  I'm tough to please, don't EQ, and want accurate timbre and tonality first, dynamics are  a close second, tonal balance third, and the soundstage/image stuff only if it does the other stuff right. 

What universal iem does this remind you of - as in, what should i seek out for portable listening?  What, based on first-hand (ear?) experience would you say fits the conditions listed above.  Please don't guess or repeat hear-say.  I want great sound, but would like to keep it under $600, and really do want to stay universal at this point, but maybe with custom tips at some point..

thanks for reading this and commenting/offering suggestions.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 11
Hi

The big size audeze's sound sig, i think you can hear at fitear togo 334
But it costs more than lcd2

I guess u cant hear that such of big sound through small iem under 600$
:)

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 11
Interesting question, I am looking for something like that myself and also read about the comparison of the ToGo 334 and the LCD2, also read on another post about the Spiral Ear SE 5-way (CIEM) but it appears that is only sold in Europe. I wonder if there is another IEM that can comprare with the LCD2

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 11
Interesting question, I am looking for something like that myself and also read about the comparison of the ToGo 334 and the LCD2, also read on another post about the Spiral Ear SE 5-way (CIEM)but it appears that is only sold in Eurpe. I wonder if there is another IEM that can comprare with the LCD2

Hi

Where did u find the comparison of the togo334 and the lcd2?
:)

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 11
I have read posts on the ToGo thread not a comparison actually, just comments on the similarity of the sound

http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/1005#post_8769667

and I had not noticed the comment on the Westone ES5 so far three candidates

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 11
The ES5 sounds similar to the LCD2 according to a friend who owns both. If you want to pay that much, I think that would be the best bet.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #10 of 11
Most likely the TG334. Had the two together for a few weeks, it was great, almost as if I had the LCD-2s bundled into a small black IEM I could just plug in. Bass starts out extended and texture, very reminiscent of the LCD-2s, mids are cohesive and smooth, transitions into the slightly tapered off treble towards the end. Probably one of the most startling similarities in signature that I've heard between a full sized and an IEM. It's not totally there, but damn does it get close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back