The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jan 26, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #571 of 1,166
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #572 of 1,166
When you are at home and want to get the most out of your dongles, try using this to power them and give them the power they need to express themselves to the fullest... it costs little but it will transform all your dongles into something extraordinary. It provides the dongle with top-level stepdown switching power supply providing instant clean power. In addition to this, it physically separates the signal from the current and will prevent your mobile phone/tablet from running out of battery, but it will not charge it either, avoiding damaging the battery (obviously it can also be used with a computer USB) and will provide all your dongles with unimaginable current. In this way you will have solved (at least at home) the consumption problem of the iBasso DC Elite and at the same time you will increase its performance and power in an incredible way.

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.42.7cbe3696wYj9tq&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

https://pulwtop.com/products/pulwto...0gbps-ports-for-imac-macbook-pro-air-ipad-xps

desktop.jpg

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #573 of 1,166
Doe Elite drain the battery of the source when on standby and plugged in?

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #575 of 1,166
Not sure why they didn't put the on/off button.

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #576 of 1,166
Not sure why they didn't put the on/off button.
To be fair I haven't seen a dongle yet with on/off button besides battery powered devices

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #578 of 1,166
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #580 of 1,166
Not the physical button, some kind of switch in the system, like other dongles have: Lotoo S2 for example. Not a big deal anyway.

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #581 of 1,166
D16 looks amazing but I only use iems and likely will never have a set of cans... I'm seriously considering a DC Elite to use with my PC at desktop....
Good idea? Someone want to convince me to go D16 or would you agree that strictly for IEM use that would be overkill and the Elite is sufficient?

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #582 of 1,166
D16 looks amazing but I only use iems and likely will never have a set of cans... I'm seriously considering a DC Elite to use with my PC at desktop....
Good idea? Someone want to convince me to go D16 or would you agree that strictly for IEM use that would be overkill and the Elite is sufficient?
Just now I was listening to the Hidizs MP145 with the iBasso DC04PRO, one of the best performing dongles also in terms of amplification with the RA1BFE and I decided to disconnect it and try the dongle directly with the iems. Result? The sound has completely emptied out... I can turn up the volume until it breaks my eardrums, this is not the problem, but anyone would hear the lack of the RA2BFE. It's really something else... and keep in mind that we're talking about the iBasso DC04PRO which drives the MP145s with ease... but absolutely in no way can it do it like the RA2BFE. If you are interested in finding out more about the Venture Electronics RA2BFE I have opened a thread dedicated to it. I use it with all my dongles and I certainly plan to do so with the DC Elite as soon as it arrives. There is no need to buy a D16 to have worthy amplification... just buy a dongle/dap amplifier.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/venture-electronics-ra2bfe-impressions-and-discussion.970702/

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #583 of 1,166
The Elite is very sufficient for most iems and easier to drive over ears. To my ears it sounds better than the IFI Zen Dac V2, Gryphon, some desktop dac/amps for 200-600 bucks and actually most daps at around 1000-1500 bucks like Fiio M15s for example. And you can just take it with you, just plug in your phone and enjoy this sound wherever you go.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #584 of 1,166
The Elite is very sufficient for most iems and easier to drive over ears. To my ears it sounds better than the IFI Zen Dac V2, Gryphon, some desktop dac/amps for 200-600 bucks and actually most daps at around 1000-1500 bucks like Fiio M15s for example. And you can just take it with you, just plug in your phone and enjoy this sound wherever you go.
Can Elite drive Subtonic Storm properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back