The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #526 of 1,166
Very helpful, Thx!
Can you describe the improvements with IEMs using the DX Max or aren't there even any but only side grades?
What comes to mind is that the Max TI gives the bass a bit more punch (and obviously more flex as you can toy around with the gain...no such setting on the Elite). Yet, Elite bass is very well controlled so it's only by quick swapping between these two that I notice that. Quote from twister6 "DC Elite vs DX320Max Ti – iBasso calls Elite their miniaturized version of 320Max, and many have been asking me for the comparison (regardless of $3k price difference). I already covered many details in my Pair Up section of the review. But aside from DX320Max Ti being a standalone open Android DAP and DC Elite being just a dongle, to summarize the sound performance difference: 320Max has more weight and depth in bass and a tighter mid-bass punch. Also, while using the same headphones and earphones, I hear more revealing upper mids and noticeable crisper treble in 320Max while Elite sounds smoother in comparison." I can relate to these observations.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #527 of 1,166
What comes to mind is that the Max TI gives the bass a bit more punch (and obviously more flex as you can toy around with the gain...no such setting on the Elite). Yet, Elite bass is very well controlled so it's only by quick swapping between these two that I notice that. Quote from twister6 "DC Elite vs DX320Max Ti – iBasso calls Elite their miniaturized version of 320Max, and many have been asking me for the comparison (regardless of $3k price difference). I already covered many details in my Pair Up section of the review. But aside from DX320Max Ti being a standalone open Android DAP and DC Elite being just a dongle, to summarize the sound performance difference: 320Max has more weight and depth in bass and a tighter mid-bass punch. Also, while using the same headphones and earphones, I hear more revealing upper mids and noticeable crisper treble in 320Max while Elite sounds smoother in comparison." I can relate to these observations.
Thx, taking that comparison I can read out technical improvements in statements like "depth in bass and a tighter mid-bass punch"
The rest are tuning differences and depending on the IEM DC Elite might even be a better match considering for example reveilling treble tuned IEMs like Fei Wan

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #528 of 1,166
Thx, taking that comparison I can read out technical improvements in statements like "depth in bass and a tighter mid-bass punch"
The rest are tuning differences and depending on the IEM DC Elite might even be a better match considering for example reveilling treble tuned IEMs like Fei Wan
Very fair point as i.e. my 634ears.com Miroak II can be a bit spicy on top with Max Ti. None of that with Elite.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #529 of 1,166
Was listening the Elite the whole weekend and i honestly started thinking about selling the AK stack lol.
Its not that the Elite sounds better- the AK sounds even more spacious, natural and neutral but im not missing literaly anything with the Elite, it just sounds so good and mature. And the sp1000 is obviously bigger and heavier, not even mentioning the lack of portability when the sp1000 is paired with the pa10. Its still the best "portable" ive ever heard but the Elite has such great qualities that i think it would easily be my only source for listening with iems.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #530 of 1,166
Was listening the Elite the whole weekend and i honestly started thinking about selling the AK stack lol.
Its not that the Elite sounds better- the AK sounds even more spacious, natural and neutral but im not missing literaly anything with the Elite, it just sounds so good and mature. And the sp1000 is obviously bigger and heavier, not even mentioning the lack of portability when the sp1000 is paired with the pa10. Its still the best "portable" ive ever heard but the Elite has such great qualities that i think it would easily be my only source for listening with iems.
I have a very nice desktop amp with Western Electric 300B tubes and the sound is just excellent. And I really enjoy it but can I get the same emotional enjoyment from some of my portables and take up a fraction of the space? Yes. If I were to live in a travel trailer, I would be happy with a couple of good headphones and IEMs and even the DC-Elite and my iPhone with high quality streaming or also having the DX320MAX and that would be it.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #531 of 1,166
I want an elite too😅😅😅

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #532 of 1,166
I want an elite too😅😅😅
The Elite with 4.4 and 3.5 and it can power my SR3 and Sony R-10 without issue and bring a huge soundstage to both, I would live with just it.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #534 of 1,166
This evening o try DC06 pro with Ananda Nano and Tago T3-03😅

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #535 of 1,166
Gentleman hold your horses :wink: After 2-3 days I return to M15 or SP3k... IMO Elite has somewhat spicy treble and not every IEM/records suite well.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #536 of 1,166
Gentleman hold your horses :wink: After 2-3 days I return to M15 or SP3k... IMO Elite has somewhat spicy treble and not every IEM/records suite well.
I agree it's a synergy thing but same goes for my 6k bucks N30LE.
So with right pairings I d prefer this over other TOTL DAPs costing multiple times its price.
One thing I learnt over the years and that is none fits all perfectly.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #537 of 1,166
I only buy well tuned iems, so i dont have issues with trebles no matter which source i use :stuck_out_tongue:
The Twilight sounds even slightly dark on top with the Elite. Sure, the AK is even smoother and more airy at the same time but im not getting any sharpness from the Elite.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #538 of 1,166
I only buy well tuned iems, so i dont have issues with trebles no matter which source i use :stuck_out_tongue:
CUT
Its not that simple... U forgot personal likings and (more important) ears :p

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #539 of 1,166
Its not that simple... U forgot personal likings and (more important) ears :p
Thats true, ears canals differ depanding on a person. But if someone buys treble heavy/harsh/bright/U-shaped iems, they will be sharp on most sources (my bad experience with the u12t and Mest 2 for example which i replaced with the Twilight and im more than happy).
Source tuning should be rather for a small adjustments, 90% of the sound we are hearing are iems/headphones.

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #540 of 1,166
Finally got round to making the magnet attachment. It’s not pretty but it serves it’s purpose.

I just use a velcro strap to attach it to this. There’s enough of a gap below the bar for the strap to pass through.

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back