The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jan 13, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #511 of 1,166
Still wondering if there is any point of getting a separete dap to improve the overall playback time. With samsung s20 im getting around 7h and it charges very quickly so not bad at all.
I have an impression that the Elite will last similarly long with most devices, draining around 10-15% per hour.

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #512 of 1,166
Listened for 1HR today on iPad Air/DC Elite streaming from Roon and iPad Air went from 100% to 89% with DCE volume on the first level and this was with CF Audio Black Star IEM’s. I was a bit surprised by this, this was with screen off while I was “napping” in my chair.

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #514 of 1,166
Is there any firmware upgrade for the Elite? Or i just should leave it like it is?
It just came out but I read somewhere that they can do firmware updates for it if needed.

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #517 of 1,166
Yeah I've been there and already downloaded but what to do with this file?
There are usb driver for windows machines and apks for androids. New FW isnt release yet... hold on ;P

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #518 of 1,166
Got my DC06 pro recently...but having some weird problems. Set up: Macbook pro M1 + Apple Music + stock cable (USB C port) + 3.5mm single end and playing certain songs, many of the times (not always) when it goes to a specific part of the song, the sound suddenly becomes distorted, like the instrumental becomes more prominent, bloated/blurred and human voice would just be off (I can't really describe it but there's a noticeable difference from how the song should sound like), and when you slide back a bit and replay it, everything is fine. I have tried 2 IEMs and the problem persists. Doesn't seem to happen when connected to iPhone tho. Anyone have any ideas? :sweat::thinking: I will try my work macbook pro (intel chip but both are Sonoma 14.xxx) and see if same thing happens... Also this is the 3rd dongle Dac/amp I've tried, the previous two (fiio ka5 & ifi hip dac2) both had problems. Really not a smooth shopping experience...

After some listening I found out it was at exact 3:40 of a song (so far only two songs have this problem) that what I described would happen. Haven't yet tried on my other macbook. Again, still weird.

Another issue is that after sometime using my IEM (Sennheiser IE900; my AKGK3003 doesn't have this problem) with stock 3.5mm cable, the right ear would suddenly become a flatlined noise - not static noise, but a very loud flatline signal, like a flatlined ECG you see in movies. I tried switching my left and right earpiece - still happens, and tried stock 4.4mm cable, still happens, so it's probably not my IEM... I unplug everything, plug them back in, it works again, but same thing would happen later. Also, doesn't happen on my iPhone. I returned the DC06 pro I was using and bought another one - hoping that it was a factory defect, but no, the new one had the same problem... This experience honestly is not great... Although I do LOVE DC06 pro, I can't use a defective model. Now bought a FiiO KA5 again (this time working), and it doesn't seem to have this issue so far. But gotta say tho, I like the DC06 pro's sound better.

I tried plug it into my other mabcook, and I wasn’t even playing any music yet, just opening google chrome the flatline noise suddenly appears again in the right ear. Seriously what’s wrong…

I wonder if it's because macbooks are so not widely used in China that they don't QA on macOS thoroughly?? Also is it that since it’s winter that maybe static electricity was disturbing the signal?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #520 of 1,166
I really can't believe how DC06 pro sounds with my Aroma Fei Wan and Thunder!
Totally satisfied :)

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #522 of 1,166
Does it has technicality near level of high end dap?
Depends on iems matching like always, I can enjoy A LOT 3000/5000$ iems with it so worth every € spent

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #523 of 1,166
With DC Elite I am not feeling like compromising vs my super expensive N30LE AP DAP using Aroma FW and UM Amber Pearl.
Have been wondering if it's worth investing into DX 320 Max for IEM usage with this Dongle

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #524 of 1,166
Well, I have both DX 320 Max TI and recently got DC Elite. The latter does not sound like a compromise with any of my iem.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #525 of 1,166
Well, I have both DX 320 Max TI and recently got DC Elite. The latter does not sound like a compromise with any of my iem.
Very helpful, Thx!
Can you describe the improvements with IEMs using the DX Max or aren't there even any but only side grades?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back