The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jan 13, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #496 of 1,075
Guys, what are your experiences regarding sensitivity for Mobile phone network traffic?
Have been using DC Elite without issues outside of my pockets attached to my IPhone 13Pro.
But yesterday I have stuffed the same bundle into my jacket pockets around the house and encountered bad statics every now and then.
Haven't investigated further if that was due to the cable connection or noise induced by the IPhone being attached closely to the dongle

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #497 of 1,075
Guys, what are your experiences regarding sensitivity for Mobile phone network traffic?
Have been using DC Elite without issues outside of my pockets attached to my IPhone 13Pro.
But yesterday I have stuffed the same bundle into my jacket pockets around the house and encountered bad statics every now and then.
Haven't investigated further if that was due to the cable connection or noise induced by the IPhone being attached closely to the dongle
Mine was fine in my the front pouch of my hoodie with iPhone 14 Pro. Could be the wire connection; mine’s secured with a magnet attached to the back of my phone so it’s definitely not the proximity.

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #498 of 1,075
Mine was fine in my the front pouch of my hoodie with iPhone 14 Pro. Could be the wire connection; mine’s secured with a magnet attached to the back of my phone so it’s definitely not the proximity.
Re u using some MagSafe patent solution for the attachment or how do you attach it there?
Once stuffing into the pocket are you facing the dongle usb connection downward, so the IEM cable is facing upwards?
So choice is to put more pressure onto the USB connection or iem cable

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #499 of 1,075
i got minor radio interference when there's signal going through my phone (zfold5) too. not very bad but ddhifi tc44c and w2 both have none (on the other hand, many others did too).

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #500 of 1,075
Re u using some MagSafe patent solution for the attachment or how do you attach it there?
Once stuffing into the pocket are you facing the dongle usb connection downward, so the IEM cable is facing upwards?
So choice is to put more pressure onto the USB connection or iem cable
To attach the magnet to the dongle it’s just 3m tape. I tuck the cable in my pocket in a way that everything sticks out of my pocket. I’d use a 180 degree adapter but the one I got Is too narrow to use with my wallet.

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #501 of 1,075
Cool!
Does digital volume work?
That means, can you change volume settings of DC Elite using your Hiby Volume Control?

Yeap. I typically set the pot at 95 on RS2 and also use the pot on DC on 3 notch

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #502 of 1,075
Yeap. I typically set the pot at 95 on RS2 and also use the pot on DC on 3 notch
Super!
Am thinking about R3 II for the streaming capability

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #503 of 1,075
Super!
Am thinking about R3 II for the streaming capability

Checked and confirm with my friend. Her R3ii drain rate is around 20% per hour. I attribute it to the lower battery capacity

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #504 of 1,075
Checked and confirm with my friend. Her R3ii drain rate is around 20% per hour. I attribute it to the lower battery capacity
Thx mate, valuable information.
Local playback or with wifi streaming?
If only local playback then the battery capacity is a bit borderline low indeed

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #505 of 1,075
Thx mate, valuable information.
Local playback or with wifi streaming?
If only local playback then the battery capacity is a bit borderline low indeed

She does not stream. Local playback. DC is pretty hungry I guess

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #506 of 1,075
She does not stream. Local playback. DC is pretty hungry I guess
That'll lead to playback time of something around 3h at most with streaming.
Guess that'll be too low for me I suppose.
On the other hand I don't see better alternatives with streaming and small footprint as source plus bigger battery.
If anyone knows about alternatives just ping me.

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #507 of 1,075
iBasso has solution for us :p CB19

Jan 13, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #510 of 1,075
This looks funny. :stuck_out_tongue: You could just use any small USB-C docking station.
Thought the same first but on the other hand I haven't seen any other cable splitter with 3 male USB-C terminations allowing connection without additional cables or adapters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back