The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #466 of 1,096
Tested here with DC06 Pro (FPGA version 1.61, as shown in the app) and the latest version of Tidal. First of all, it's hard to find any MQA tracks anymore since everything is labeled MAX/FLAC, as expected, because Tidal is dumping MQA. Managed to find only a few, the solid green light is on DC06 Pro during the playback, and I hear no issues.

For those who are having a problem, what FPGA version do you see displayed in UAC app? Maybe that can explain why some work fine and a few others don't?

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #467 of 1,096
Tested here with DC06 Pro (FPGA version 1.61, as shown in the app) and the latest version of Tidal. First of all, it's hard to find any MQA tracks anymore since everything is labeled MAX/FLAC, as expected, because Tidal is dumping MQA. Managed to find only a few, the solid green light is on DC06 Pro during the playback, and I hear no issues.

For those who are having a problem, what FPGA version do you see displayed in UAC app? Maybe that can explain why some work fine and a few others don't?
So from my understanding, if MQA is working it is supposed to be purple/magenta not green (See pic below). Mine blinks green/purple.

Now to be honest, I can give a rat's ass about MQA. The problem is that because Tidal uses it still and we have no way of shutting it off on the hardware or software level, I am forced to render MQA songs useless and skip them because of this noise issue. I mean it sounds so bad it could be damaging my IEMs (Crackling,popping, hell probably snapping too to make all the Rice Crispies jealous).

My intent isn't to turn this into my personal support thread, but I want this fixed for future/existing buyers. Nothing is more frustrating than laying out the money to be a beta tester when a product is released unfinished. My biggest concern is that this is a hardware issue since Paul (iBasso) is not seeing it and twister is showing his MQA files as green (Which means they are not rendering MQA) and is not fixable without replacement as the firmware (FPGA version 1.61) is the same across the board..

1704820187843.png

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #468 of 1,096
I ordered the dc-elite and it should be in my hands on friday, the curiosity won again lol.
If the sound is as amazing as people say, it will be a keeper for a more portable use. I cant take my AK stack anywhere and the Hiby fc6 sounds bit too warm and into my face in the midrange, even tho the timbre and the richness are freaking amazing.
Does it sound better connected to a dap or a smartphone will be enough?
How about the lag when connected to the Windows pc? Is it suitable for a use as a dac/amp for a computer?

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #469 of 1,096
I ordered the dc-elite and it should be in my hands on friday, the curiosity won again lol.
If the sound is as amazing as people say, it will be a keeper for a more portable use. I cant take my AK stack anywhere and the Hiby fc6 sounds bit too warm and into my face in the midrange, even tho the timbre and the richness are freaking amazing.
How about the lag when connected to the Windows pc? Is it suitable for a use as a dac/amp for a computer?
I don't hear any lag. I like it out of the phone but haven't tried it out of a dap.

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #470 of 1,096
I never had such a problem. Try to slightly spin the volume wheel in either direction to see if it solves your static. Btw. if the dongle is on and you insert the cable it's normal to hear a static at that moment. That should be the case for most amps.
Its definitely not volume static. This is constant and loud. Only way ibe fixed it is to unplug and replug

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #471 of 1,096
Its definitely not volume static. This is constant and loud. Only way ibe fixed it is to unplug and replug
Have you tried it on a different source?

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #474 of 1,096
Ive only connected by phone and thought it was more than good enough for me. I havent tried connecting to pc but ive watched youtube on my phone without lag

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #475 of 1,096
No difference to me at all tbh, tested connecting to iPhone 14 Pro, Sony Xperia 10 V & N7.
No lag as well. I use mine on my custom built rig & macbook air with no issues.

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #476 of 1,096
Describe is 'amazing'... well, for me pretty solid :) Synergy with particular IEM is a key. More tighten, sharper than ie. M15, with lots of power, my Andromeda V3 with extra -2db cut at volume, I can listen at 1 step from zero... Phone is good enough, but with good usb-otg cable non compliance at all ;P For yours Twilights I think will be good match. Elite can focus on vocals, without pushing midrange as hole.

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #477 of 1,096
Im thinking of getting a separate cheap dap to pair with the Elite because i dont want to use it with my samsung due to the battery drainage (my fc6 empties the battery in around 4h when im using my phone for other tasks simultaneously). I bet the Elite will drain at least the same if not more.
Can someone confirm if something like let say Hiby M300 would keep at least 10h when paired with the Elite? The M300 is stated to have around 15-20h but this is from headphone jack. Would it be similar from USB out? I have no idea how the battery lifes of such daps relate to these two different outputs.

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #478 of 1,096
Describe is 'amazing'... well, for me pretty solid :) Synergy with particular IEM is a key. More tighten, sharper than ie. M15, with lots of power, my Andromeda V3 with extra -2db cut at volume, I can listen at 1 step from zero... Phone is good enough, but with good usb-otg cable non compliance at all ;P For yours Twilights I think will be good match. Elite can focus on vocals, without pushing midrange as hole.
The Elite comes tomorrow so will report my impressions.

Jan 11, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #479 of 1,096
Im thinking of getting a separate cheap dap to pair with the Elite because i dont want to use it with my samsung due to the battery drainage (my fc6 empties the battery in around 4h when im using my phone for other tasks simultaneously). I bet the Elite will drain at least the same if not more.
Can someone confirm if something like let say Hiby M300 would keep at least 10h when paired with the Elite? The M300 is stated to have around 15-20h but this is from headphone jack. Would it be similar from USB out? I have no idea how the battery lifes of such daps relate to these two different outputs.
Quite a lot, even for a dap... I will looking for usb cable with separate plug for power and powerbank.

Jan 11, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #480 of 1,096
DC06 Pro bought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back