The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jan 9, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #451 of 1,096
My unit plays MQA on Tidal fine though

01.jpg

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #452 of 1,096
My unit plays MQA on Tidal fine though

01.jpg
That’s a DC Elite you have. We are talking about the DC06 Pro.

iBasso, you have 3 people in this thread alone with the same exact issue but you keep stating you are not seeing the issue. You obviously have a batch of these that are faulty. After hearing that type of support, I’m going to return mine too and move on from iBasso. That’s not the customer support I feel comfortable with.

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #453 of 1,096

iBasso, you have 3 people in this thread alone with the same exact issue but you keep stating you are not seeing the issue. You obviously have a batch of these that are faulty. After hearing that type of support, I’m going to return mine too and move on from iBasso. That’s not the customer support I feel comfortable with.
They have been quick to respond to the issue and do internal testing. They said they haven’t been able to pin down the source yet, but will continue to test and issue a firmware update if need be. What more are you expecting from them, exactly?

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #455 of 1,096
How about getting more units to test with or requesting one of these faulty units? It’s coming across as “nope not a problem. We will keep testing and let you know.” Meanwhile the people who use tidal exclusively are stuck with broken audio or forced to return. You tout the product for MQA unfolding and it can’t do it properly. Renders this product useless for some.

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #457 of 1,096

Why don't you just try to contact the iBasso support directly? Here we are just going in circles. You and the support could exchange exact informations to reproduce the problem better.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #459 of 1,096
We are currently working on the issue reported regarding MQA and Tidal. We have tested the current Tidal and an older version with the DC06PRO and they work on different platforms but we continue to check units. We have to find the problem so we can address it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 9, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #461 of 1,096
1000007158.jpg

My daily driver and loving it. @Paul - iBasso - one thing i noticed is that once in awhile when i plug in and play music it just has a loud static noise but when i unplug and replug its fine again. Not sure if im doing something wrong? Im connecting to samsung s23 ultra. The demo i had used in japan never had this issue.

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #462 of 1,096
Working closely with QA personally, in order to fix a bug the bug needs to be reproduced on our end so that we can actually locate and fix the bug.

There's nothing more frustrating than having reports of bugs from multiple users while seeing that there is no bug to be found on our end.

Best course of action is if iBasso can somehow obtain one of these confirmed faulty units and test the unit directly on their end.

Other solutions would be to to maybe find common factors. Are the users using the same devices? Android/iOS? Android or app version? So many things need to be accounted for.

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #463 of 1,096
My daily driver and loving it. @Paul - iBasso - one thing i noticed is that once in awhile when i plug in and play music it just has a loud static noise but when i unplug and replug its fine again. Not sure if im doing something wrong? Im connecting to samsung s23 ultra. The demo i had used in japan never had this issue.
I never had such a problem. Try to slightly spin the volume wheel in either direction to see if it solves your static. Btw. if the dongle is on and you insert the cable it's normal to hear a static at that moment. That should be the case for most amps.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #464 of 1,096
1000007158.jpg
I would make sure the USB is clear and clean. I clean mine from time to time with a small brush and alcohol. It is easy to get lint etc. in the USB port or the connector.

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #465 of 1,096
My main IEM is A12t which is relatively sensitive, on DC04 Pro I usually use only 4-5 steps of volume (via 4.4mm), so I think that I need that button on the Elite :D

That is correct, with sensitive IEMs the micro-adjustment of the volume can make a big difference. And, having a dedicated hardware button on the side means you don't need to fiddle with app settings and can do it with DC Elite in your pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back