The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #406 of 1,061
Have that knob for almost 20 years. It was a leftover from my amp building days and laid in my drawer for all that time. However, that kind of knob is not difficult to find. Just search 'volume knob' on eBay or AliExpress, look for one with 15mm outer diameter and 6mm D (half) type shaft. Knob with set screw can be used as well, but might need some adjustment. Original height is 9mm, so anything higher is fine. That one I used is 14mm, which sticks just a little more out than I like. I reckon 12mm will be just about perfect for me. Might order a few more to try as volume knob is generally pretty cheap.
1000008966.jpg
1000008964.jpg

1000008965.jpg

Your great ideas were helpful. thank you

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #407 of 1,061
Does anyone have experience and/or opinions on whether the DC Elite would be able to drive planar headphones like the ZMF Atrium, Diana MR, or Empyrean 2 to their full potential?

Have you considered a desktop amp for these headphones? I have not owned any headphones for years, but desktop amps are typically more powerful and would definitely do these headphones more justice than dongles

The planer driver in particularly would welcome the extra current provided by the more robust power supplies in desktop amps

To quote my senior "it is very important to get the right tools for the right job"

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #408 of 1,061
Have you considered a desktop amp for these headphones? I have not owned any headphones for years, but desktop amps are typically more powerful and would definitely do these headphones more justice than dongles

The planer driver in particularly would welcome the extra current provided by the more robust power supplies in desktop amps

To quote my senior "it is very important to get the right tools for the right job"
Thanks. I’m trying to avoid going to separate desktop components (just too large / inconvenient for my living space) and, hence, curious if I can get away with a dongle providing enough power. It seems like I read some reviews (eg. Twister6) and he mentions using dongles to power things like the Empyrean I.

So net-net, my question is really: if desktop components are off the table, will a dongle like the DC Elite power planars, or if I need to go to a DAP instead?

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #409 of 1,061
Thanks. I’m trying to avoid going to separate desktop components (just too large / inconvenient for my living space) and, hence, curious if I can get away with a dongle providing enough power. It seems like I read some reviews (eg. Twister6) and he mentions using dongles to power things like the Empyrean I.

So net-net, my question is really: if desktop components are off the table, will a dongle like the DC Elite power planars, or if I need to go to a DAP instead?
I think it depends on the headphone.
I've tried Meze Elite and DCA Stealth and as I wrote before in this thread I found it really astonishing how loud you can play DCA Stealth it's lacking dynamics and tonality imho with DC Elite.
Meze Elite was much better but also there a good DAP like Cayin N30LE was way better to my ears and even there I'd prefer my desktop setup.

Jan 4, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #412 of 1,061
Jan 4, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #413 of 1,061
Question and little help requested from relative newbie: I recently got a DC06pro and on first try with tidal hear pretty awful static when listening to MQA songs. These are songs that I’ve listened to for several years on tidal with a burson conductor 3 ref and Arya and have never heard the static. The static doesn’t occur on non-mqa files. I’ve heard the same static using two different iems (fiio fd5 and Yanyin moonlight). The on,y part of the chain I haven’t switched out is the stock usb c to usb c connector. I’m running off an iPad Pro With iOS 17.2. Any thoughts?

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #414 of 1,061
i'm using dc04 pro with poco f3 and it sounded fine but didn't use it for a like a month and today i plug in it sounded terrible every song is like far away. But when i plug it on my other phone it sounded fine. Is it miui issue? my other phone not a xiaomi/poco so not miui.

edit : reinstall everything from hibymusic to the ibasso app solved the issue

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #415 of 1,061
i'm using dc04 pro with poco f3 and it sounded fine but didn't use it for a like a month and today i plug in it sounded terrible every song is like far away. But when i plug it on my other phone it sounded fine. Is it miui issue? my other phone not a xiaomi/poco so not miui.
I would clean the port, restart the phone etc.

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #416 of 1,061
Hi All. Just received the DC06 Pro today and I want to post my trials and tribulations :)

Pros
  1. First dongle I have ever had that has emitted no pops and noise with my Campfire Audio Solaris LE on any device or 3.5 or 4.4. I have a shanling UA2 Plus, A Cayin RU7 (Holy Noise. I still have no idea why this device gets all the love. Just baffled), and a Questyle M15.
  2. The sound value at this price is great.
  3. Works fantastic on the iPhone 15 Pro Max (Aside from MQA.. more on that below)

Cons
  1. The app on Android sucks. That is being nice. I have tried and installed on two separate Android phones (Pixel 7 Pro and Xperia 1V). There is nowhere to manually update the firmware (Stuck at 1.61) and the filters do not change. Both phones so it's not an Android thing.
  2. MQA (I know I know) doesn't unfold on ios or Android. Just makes all sorts of feedback and noise. The LEDS blink green and Magenta until it locks up and doesn't play music. This has been on both Androids and the iPhone.
  3. This should be called the iBasso DC06 Pro Vampire Edition. I can watch my batteries drain as I play. Out of all the devices I listed above, it's the worst in consumption.
The website doesn't even have a listing for the DC06 Pro for firmware downloads to even see if this is a firmware issue. Obviously, as I stated the app is no help either.

I am sure these are all fixes that can be taken care of with firmware but why on earth would you release a product this buggy?

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #417 of 1,061
  1. First dongle I have ever had that has emitted no pops and noise with my Campfire Audio Solaris LE on any device or 3.5 or 4.4. I have a shanling UA2 Plus, A Cayin RU7 (Holy Noise. I still have no idea why this device gets all the love. Just baffled), and a Questyle M15.
Other iBasso dongles such as DC-04 Pro and DC-Elite also make absolutely no noise, same with Truthear SHIO. All my other dongles somehow emit a bit of noise.

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #418 of 1,061
Question and little help requested from relative newbie: I recently got a DC06pro and on first try with tidal hear pretty awful static when listening to MQA songs. These are songs that I’ve listened to for several years on tidal with a burson conductor 3 ref and Arya and have never heard the static. The static doesn’t occur on non-mqa files. I’ve heard the same static using two different iems (fiio fd5 and Yanyin moonlight). The on,y part of the chain I haven’t switched out is the stock usb c to usb c connector. I’m running off an iPad Pro With iOS 17.2. Any thoughts?
As you can see from my post, this is an issue with the DC06 Pro. I have this issue on iOS and Android. Tidal, Roon, Roon ARC, or UAPP. MQA Stutters, statics, and eventually just won't play.

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #419 of 1,061
As you can see from my post, this is an issue with the DC06 Pro. I have this issue on iOS and Android. Tidal, Roon, Roon ARC, or UAPP. MQA Stutters, statics, and eventually just won't play.
Thanks! This is terrible! I got the 06pro specifically for the MQA off tidal. Don’t see the point having it now. I’ve messaged Ibasso to see if there is anything to be done. If not, I think I’ll return it. Thanks again

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #420 of 1,061
Anyone feel that the DC Elite gets louder on iPhone compared to Android?

For example, for the Vision Ears EXT I need 6 steps on iPhone 14 Pro vs 9 on the Sony Xperia 10 V.

Media volume is max on the Sony.
Same here but with little brother DC03 pro

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back