The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Dec 26, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #316 of 1,073
No offense taken! I’m happy to provide my bonafides. :)

I do not know about the UAC app though because I’m using mine with an iPhone.
That's a pity. How about a short comparison between DC04 Pro vs. DC06 Pro.

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #317 of 1,073
Thats great. I was merely confirming if you have them as you already know members here tend to make comparisons from thin air :)
I did not mean any offence and i hope none were taken. Thanks for your thoughts as I didn't come across many reviews for the DC06 Pro. I have one question if you don't mind, in the UAC app, how many digital filters does the DC06 Pro have?
1703647850113.png
1703647900079.png

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #318 of 1,073
Has anyone noticed that DC Elite is sensitive to USB cables?

It makes buzzing noise when I tried to use few cables and didn’t work at all with few cables that worked fine with L&P W4.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #319 of 1,073
That's a pity. How about a short comparison between DC04 Pro vs. DC06 Pro.
To me, both exhibit the characteristics of the Ibasso house sound, a lively, detail forward presentation that is exciting and engaging. The 06 Pro is more resolving and clean, with tighter bass (the 04 Pro bass sounds wooly in comparison) and better staging and layering. The 06 Pro also has more air and top end sparkle, but to me doesn’t sound overly bright. Neither dongle will forgive poor recordings or mastering.

The 04 Pro isn’t a bad dongle at all, I just think the 06 Pro is a step up in many ways and I found it consistently more engaging.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #320 of 1,073
Any idea which filter is set to default when using DC Elite out of the box with an iPhone? iOS doesn’t have the UAC app to change the filters.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #322 of 1,073
Interested in this too!
Yea, I’ve been using the Elite as is out of the box with my iPhone and thinking of borrowing my friend’s android phone to tinker with settings and see if the saved settings stay when I move back to my iPhone. 😅

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #323 of 1,073
Yea, I’ve been using the Elite as is out of the box with my iPhone and thinking of borrowing my friend’s android phone to tinker with settings and see if the saved settings stay when I move back to my iPhone. 😅
I thought about connecting it to one of my Android DAPs and see if I can use the app that way to change its settings. Will report back.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #324 of 1,073
I thought about connecting it to one of my Android DAPs and see if I can use the app that way to change its settings. Will report back.
Oh yes please.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #325 of 1,073
I think the answer is no since I have tried with 03Pro and 04Pro, and both do not store the configuration by themself, they depend on the setting of the UAC application. I even tried with 2 different Android phones, both installed the UAC application, and when plugging the dongle, it automatically accesses and uses the local configuration on each phone regardless.
EDIT: iBasso just confirmed that Elite can store the configuration, and only Elite has it, 03 04 06 Pro do not have that ability

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #326 of 1,073
I think the answer is no since I have tried with 03Pro and 04Pro, and both do not store the configuration by themself, they depend on the setting of the UAC application. I even tried with 2 different Android phones, both installed the UAC application, and when plugging the dongle, it automatically accesses and uses the local configuration on each phone regardless.
Not a deal breaker but it’s a disadvantage to use some of the equipment with iPhones that can be controlled via app and there isn’t an app for iOS

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #327 of 1,073
Not a deal breaker but it’s a disadvantage to use some of the equipment with iPhones that can be controlled via app and there isn’t an app for iOS
Not only with iPhones, I usually use dongles with Mac and Windows, and obviously, these OSs also do not have the configuration application. However, with 03 and 04Pro, I was almost satisfied with the default setting except for the missing gain control, I need it since the A12t is relatively sensitive, so without gain control, I cannot finely adjust the volume as I want. I think that in the next upgrade version, iBasso will make the in-memory configuration as a new feature :D

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #328 of 1,073
Not only with iPhones, I usually use dongles with Mac and Windows, and obviously, these OSs also do not have the configuration application. However, with 03 and 04Pro, I was almost satisfied with the default setting except for the missing gain control, I need it since the A12t is relatively sensitive, so without gain control, I cannot finely adjust the volume as I want. I think that in the next upgrade version, iBasso will make the in-memory configuration as a new feature :D
I agree. Qudelix is the only one I found to have an app for android, iOS and a chrome extension that can be used on both mac and windows. They update it pretty consistently too. It’s amazing when a company puts a lot of thought in not just hardware but also in software experience. I love the Q5K software experience so much so that T-71 was a blind buy for me.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #329 of 1,073
The more I listen to the DC06 Pro, the more impressed with it I get. It’s highly resolving, tight, and has excellent control over the drivers of my headphones and IEMs. It’s a cut above the 03 Pro and 04 Pro and it is so good I don’t feel the need to try the Elite.
I'm very happy to hear you say it, tomorrow I'll get the DC06 PRO that I purchased last week on ibasso-shop.eu. I was very undecided between the DC04 PRO and the DC06 PRO but in the end I chose the DC06 PRO because it is a newer product with greater power.

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #330 of 1,073
Any idea which filter is set to default when using DC Elite out of the box with an iPhone? iOS doesn’t have the UAC app to change the filters.

My default was D2 Slow Roll Off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back