The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #1,036 of 1,041
Guys have a question- which dap would you recommend for the Elite as a source?
My requirements would be:
- as small and light as possible
- streaming services
- no power limitations to squeeze from the Elite as much as possible
- long battery life
- sounding good with a clear signal
- cheap as i already have a good dap- AK sp1000 but i love Elite's sound and want to have a small sandwich for the go.
Im considering the Sony NW-A306, Hiby M300 and alternatively the R4 but this one is bit thicker.

Thanks for any recommendations in advance!

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #1,037 of 1,041
- streaming services
- long battery life
- cheap as i already have a good dap- AK sp1000 but i love Elite's sound and want to have a small sandwich for the go.
Im considering the Sony NW-A306, Hiby M300 and alternatively the R4 but this one is bit thicker.

I owned both the Sony & M300. Sold the Sony as it’s just way too sluggish. It is the smallest and nicest build quality, but UI sluggishness made me want to tear my hair out.

M300’s UI is as if they tried their hardest to make it feel like an iPhone with what they had and I must say it’s pretty good. Battery is also better than Sony.

If you want to be a little creative, a Sony Xperia 10V is very good as a source. I managed 12ish hours of continuous playback with the Elite on this thing. Standby mode (not off) it lasts for weeks! UI is miles ahead of any dap and it’s extremely light as the chassis is plastic (though feels very good quality).You can also get another simcard for it. The main drawback of it is its camera but who wants to use a camera on a transport? It also has a pretty nice split screen mode as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #1,038 of 1,041
- streaming services
- long battery life

I use two LG V50s (I took one as a spare) paid less than 200 euros each new and unlocked on ebay, they have a formidable battery (4000 mah) both in terms of duration and charging times. I left them Android 9 because they have native MQA and DSD file reading, an excellent Snapdragon 855 processor, 6 gigs of RAM and 128 gigs of ROM and they are very fast. I uninstalled the most useless apps and installed only the music ones (UAPP/Hiby Music/PowerAmp/OnkyoHF player) having an internal ESS dac even its native app doesn't sound bad at all and the dongle control apps (UAC/Eddict Player/FiiO control). A 512GB Samsung microSD and you're good to go.

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v50_thinq_5g-9607.php

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #1,040 of 1,041
Bought the DC06 pro after having to send back my new KA5 due to some problems on my S23.

I have to say that this amp is shielded very well against EMI intifferences and sounds awesome with my MP145. There are no problems while hearing music with the DC06 pro.

Only thing which I find weird is that USB Audio Player Pro doesnt show any sign of "Hardware Volume Control" while with my KA5 it did.

Is this a disadvantage? (It's my 2nd hf-amp after the KA5)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 6:14 AM Post #1,041 of 1,041
Bought the DC06 pro after having to send back my new KA5 due to some problems on my S23.

I have to say that this amp is shielded very well against EMI intifferences and sounds awesome with my MP145. There are no problems while hearing music with the DC06 pro.

Only thing which I find weird is that USB Audio Player Pro doesnt show any sign of "Hardware Volume Control" while my KA5 did.

Is this a disadvantage? (It's my 2nd hf-amp after the KA5)
No problem... set the software volume on the UAPP to maximum and adjust it with the hardware volume of the DC06PRO... you will have better control and all the dynamics that the dongle can express. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back