The I am greatly sorry thread (Letter of apology from bcasey25raptor)
Aug 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #18 of 44

Thanks everyone for reminding me why i love this site and community so much.
Quote:
Not meaning to troll, but you sound like you're addicted to the Internets.

To be frankly honest yes I am slightly addicted to the internet. The internet is so full of knowledge and materials that are hard to find elsewhere. Is there anything wrong with loving the internet?

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 44
There is something wrong when you sound so apologetic over something to insignificant. Everyone else is hating on Chinese sellers because they're known to sell fakes. I didn't real the original thread, but if it really went how I think it did, you're overreacting. Some of the information on head-fi is biased anyways. Lots of fanboyism, etc. 

If it's knowledge you're seeking, you are better off reading books. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #20 of 44

Quote:
There is something wrong when you sound so apologetic over something to insignificant. Everyone else is hating on Chinese sellers because they're known to sell fakes. I didn't real the original thread, but if it really went how I think it did, you're overreacting. Some of the information on head-fi is biased anyways. Lots of fanboyism, etc. 

the internet can be updated every second. books (non fiction) go out of date and become inaccurate over time.

i am a science guy.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #21 of 44

Quote:

Then you don't really have a valid opinion then - do you ....

I was wondering about your troll comment earlier - it appears as though it is exactly what you're doing.  Casey made an error of judgement, then a genuine apology.  Got my respect for that, and others on here feel similar.  End of story.

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #22 of 44
Link me to the original thread then I would gladly read it.

I read another thread about internet addiction in the Member Lounge's forum,
and you sound like you're suffering from the same case. Not in a good way.

Anyway, I doubt saying something like, "Chinese sellers usually sell fakes" would
offend anyone. Really, China fakes a lot of products. So take it easy. 

P.S Unless you can change the laws of physics over a 10 year period, then I don't see
how books get outdated fast. For most industries, 5-10 years before present day is considered
a current trend. Articles on the internet can be changes so easily, and you really can't determine
the credentials of the author. But whatever floats your boat.

Have a nice day. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #23 of 44

Quote:
Link me to the original thread then I would read it.

I doubt saying something like, "Chinese sellers usually sell fakes" would
offend anyone. Really, China fakes a lot of products.

The original thread was deleted thankfully.

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #24 of 44
koolkat, it was a little more complicated than just a comment about China exporting fake products. But as casey said, it's been deleted, and I think everyone involved in it (myself included) are happy to move on and let that matter rest. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #26 of 44
it seems that some of those who replied here didn't read the removed thread..

actually imo those harsh words he used in that post deserve at least a temporary ban ==a
...but anyway its not something for me to bother about

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #29 of 44
I've seen your posts..Thats nice of you raptor. We forgive you. 
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #30 of 44

Quote:
I agree, but as it is the bad overwhelms the good in my experience and whilst it may not be fair to those who do it well such statements are not valid in my opinion (if manufacturing is generally bad in a country I fell it is fair to say that it is bad).

I never said all.  But I guess it's okay to have lead in toys for kids right?  I guess it's okay for a market to produce an overwhleming number of shoddy products and still not be allowed to be called out on it in any way?  You make your points in the most spurious manner it actually is kind of funny.  In other words stop presumming and adding to what I have said.

How do you know there are more poor quality products than good quality products being produced? Do you have data on this? Any evidence at all? By the way, there are a few products that kill people produced in every country, even in the USA. I hardly think all American auto manufacturing is terrible because Ford made a few dangerous products (Explorer and especially Pinto). And how do I "call out" the workforce of an entire country?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back