The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Oct 2, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #4,742 of 6,326
  Here is my stock right now, i just have to do the testing part. Have a decent sized group of GS-X mk2 to ship so will be getting on those orders very soon

Hope one of those red chassis might be mine. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #4,743 of 6,326
Has anyone ever opted for different color faceplates for the amp and PS?  A red/black combo would look sharp!

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #4,746 of 6,326
... Of course, we all know the SQ of an individual GS-X mk2 is directly proportional to your wait time. A 4 week GS-X probably sounds the same as listening through an iPhone.
wink.gif

LOL,
biggrin.gif

I can personally attest that my GSX-Mk2 sounds spectacular (wait time 1 1/2 years
rolleyes.gif
) but I haven't heard a quick delivery version in comparison.
For all prospective owners ... you are in for a treat no matter how long the delivery will take.

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #4,748 of 6,326
  Some viruses never get fully eradicated from one's body; they merely become latent and the weirdest triggers get them reactivated.

Such was the story with my just dropping of the radar here, focusing on other things in life, when lo and behold, out of nowhere, I was reorganizing my storage cabinet to make room for a few lens boxes. While throwing out some, dusting off others, in there lay my LCD-3 case, headphones snuggly tucked inside, untouched in well over a year. As with an old - but not the best or quite close - friend, whom one hasn't seen in ages but encounters purely by chance, I felt - little out of courtesy, little out of guilt - that I should spend a little time together; see what's up, as it were.

As it turns out, there was plenty to reminisce over, to recall moments of joy, of pensiveness, of lightness and of darkness. It was not much later that I decided I've been missing out on the whole experience of music for too long, and started reading this site again. Since I didn't want to spend too much time and money at this point, I went for what seem to be a decent way to restart; I ordered the new LCD-4 and also a GS-X mk II amp. I'm leaving my current DAC setup as is, since I still like the way it sounds.

So to those with whom I've had the pleasure of interacting here over the years, hello again. 

Welcome back Nick! Looking forward to your impressions! The GS-X MK2 has been my endgame amp for quite a while now...the LCD-4s look VERY intriguing too!

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #4,749 of 6,326
Peter, my friend, thank you! It's been a long time since I did any critical listening so I'll take my time easing myself back into this game. I'm sure it will sound superlative right away, given my lack of a sustained frame of reference as of late, so before I post anything I want to make sure I'm not unrealistically rosy on it.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #4,752 of 6,326
its a bit more than that actually, the led exactly matches the thermal coefficient of the transistor they are paired with to maintain
constant current over a wide temperature range.

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #4,754 of 6,326
  they're part of the current source for the input stage. they provide a stable voltage reference of 1.7V across them. regular diodes can also be used, but the LEDs are decorative and show that at least part of the circuit is working

its a bit more than that actually, the led exactly matches the thermal coefficient of the transistor they are paired with to maintain
constant current over a wide temperature range.

Ah, cool -- makes sense, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back